Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

LF envy 13.5 or a Cab Velocity 14m

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Will fr

Since 13 Sep 2015
3 Posts

Kook

PostTue Aug 30, 16 1:03 pm    LF envy 13.5 or a Cab Velocity 14m Reply with quote

Hello,
As the title indicates, I am wondering which to choose between these two kites (LF envy 13.5 or a Cab Velocity 14m).
I am looking to replace an F-One bandit IV 14m and I can get either of the two mentioned at a descent price with a bar (trim lite for cab, response for lf).

My riding style is primarily geared toward big air and old school trick. I would also like to get better at kite loops (although i have heard a 14m is not the ideal size for this).

I don't have much interest in unhooking. I don't ride wave much.

Looking for advice, or simply your experience with either of those kites.
Thanks

C Johnson

Since 17 Apr 2009
853 Posts
Seattle
Opinionated

PostTue Aug 30, 16 2:23 pm     Reply with quote

I'm not sure if you've seen this but I have a 14m velocity and trim lite bar for sale.

From what you've described it seems like the velocity would be a good kite for what you want to do with the exception of loops. the FX is the go to kite for loops but a 14m FX will have significantly less power than a 14m Velocity. The Velocity generates a pretty ridiculous amount of power for its size which is important to consider for whatever wind range you're thinking about riding in.

link to my velocity for sale in Seattle.
http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-39824.html&highlight=velocity

Will fr

Since 13 Sep 2015
3 Posts

Kook

PostTue Aug 30, 16 3:24 pm     Reply with quote

Yep, I ve seen your velocity Smile
. I should have mentioned the rest of my Quiver is LF NRG 10 and 6m,

My worry with the Velocity is that the it might not overlap with my 10 on the high end :
i am about 160 lbs with gear, I am not sure I can hold a velocity at around 18-20 kts. What do you think ?

C Johnson

Since 17 Apr 2009
853 Posts
Seattle
Opinionated

PostTue Aug 30, 16 3:58 pm     Reply with quote

yeah the 14m velocity is probably too much kite for you in those conditions. It has a lot of depower but I'm 220lbs and I'd say 20kts is a lot of wind for me on this kite.

I'm surprised you need 20kts to ride your 10m. I would think you could get out on that if it was blowing 18.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: