Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Scraped board base after hitting the HR Slider Park

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
cdub25

Since 04 Jun 2015
68 Posts
Portland/Lyle

PostWed Jul 20, 16 7:50 pm    Scraped board base after hitting the HR Slider Park Reply with quote

This may be a stupid question so bare with me... I hit the slider park hard for the first time last weekend for several hours and noticed when I got back to the car that the bottom of my 2013 Slingshot Darko was pretty torn up with a bunch of plastic from the sliders stuck to it. I'm not super worried as I've had the board for a few years now and am doing more and more sliding on the beach and bonking obstacles, but does anyone wax the bottom of their board to prevent it from getting so torn up, or was I not spraying the sliders down well enough (I tried to spray them as much as possible and seemed to be sliding fine), or is this just inevitable when hitting sliders? I was also wondering for the future if the new park specific boards (such as the Slingy Refraction, LF Echo, or new Tona's) have bases that hold up that much better? Thanks in advanced and I'm pumped to see some of you guys out there this weekend!

JonMalmberg

Since 15 Aug 2011
340 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Jul 21, 16 7:57 am     Reply with quote

I ride the Airush 140cm Livewire with a slide specific base. Going strong after two years of grinding and bumping along over the sliders/kickers and the sand/rocks... To answer your question... yes, many manufactures are offering grind specific base materials that work very well...

D

Since 18 Apr 2015
56 Posts
Hood River

CGKA Member

PostThu Jul 21, 16 12:10 pm     Reply with quote

Ride it like you stole it! If you're worried about some scratches maybe you should stick to mowing the lawn with the middle aged guys on directionals with straps. lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: