Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Our trip to the Grenadines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Katina

Since 29 Dec 2005
10 Posts

PostThu Mar 01, 07 5:29 pm    Our trip to the Grenadines Reply with quote

www.katinaarnott.com/grenadines07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpIjqaAxTN0

Kraemer

Since 24 Apr 2006
1735 Posts
Sky Pilot
Unicorn Captain

PostThu Mar 01, 07 9:29 pm     Reply with quote

How did we miss you? Another kite in the sky!? A Slingy too?! Too Strange~!

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-3884.html

EdG

Since 19 Dec 2005
424 Posts
Just a Kook that's
Obsessed

PostFri Mar 02, 07 12:57 am     Reply with quote

what a launch Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I saw some ?'able launches but...sht

MEwing5000

Since 14 Nov 2005
34 Posts
Seattle

PostFri Mar 02, 07 9:56 am     Reply with quote

JK what was your favorite spot. Ours was Frigit Island on Union. Flattest water I've ever been on. We met Ben the Owner of Kite Safari out of St Lucia a couple days after we kited this spot and he said it was a secret spot, he had never seen any tourist launch there before. I payed the price I stepped dead center on a Sea Urchin there. Half bottle of rum and an adjustment in my foot strap for my fat foot and I was kiting the next day. Cool

Kraemer

Since 24 Apr 2006
1735 Posts
Sky Pilot
Unicorn Captain

PostFri Mar 02, 07 11:53 am     Reply with quote

YIKES! I've had encounters like that before and I know to be very aware of the urchin. Even though booties won't eliminate the problem, they will save your foot if you brush on one or step on a sharp shell. To be honest we didn't even stop at Union. We spent 2 days at the cays though, and kited Petit Tabac and Petit Beteau. There were just to many yachts to dodge there.

My favorite places were Saline Island off Carricou--nice -n-flat. Just SE of Carricou. Very visible on Google earth. My other favorite beside Anse De Sable on St. Lucia was Carnage Bay, Canouan. This was the East side of the island, big waves on the outside of the reef--and bump and ride conditions on the inside--no flat water here however. When was your journey? How did we miss you guys? Looks like you were on a cat too...

Oh yeah, Mopion was really cool too! -were you riding the backside of the island?

Mopion.jpg 
   Canouan.jpg 
   frigate.jpg 

MEwing5000

Since 14 Nov 2005
34 Posts
Seattle

PostSat Mar 03, 07 1:52 pm     Reply with quote

[quote]"To be honest we didn't even stop at Union"
[/quote]

I took a good look at your Google shot and I think our favorite spot is one and the same. This spot is off of Union Island, the long spit I believe is man made they tried to make a marina sheltered form the wind but ran out of money. The big rock at the end of the spit is called Frigit Island. It is an awesome flat water spot, we could stand up in a lot of places in that bay. This is also where I stepped on the urchin. We didn't know we could launch where you marked the launch we started on the other side it was horrible but once you got in the water it was unmatched.

From Canouan we had the pleasure of kiting Tobago Cays, Union Island, Frigit Island , Mayreau Island, Palm Island. We made it as far south as Petite St Vincent, and Petite Martinique, which are in two separate countries but I had the pleasure of kiting from one to the other (without stopping in customs he he). We also made the journey to Mystique, and Bequia of which we kited neither. We had wind everyday. The strongest wind ended up being when we were making the sail from the far south to the far north so we missed the strongest wind days. That being said it made for some great sailing (boat). All in all I didn't kite on anything smaller that a fifteen, it was damb good big kite though, had it been a strictly kiting vacation I would have rode kites as small as the 11 but we missed those days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: