Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

US Open Ozone Snowkite Masters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
windzup

Since 28 Apr 2006
22 Posts

PostSun Feb 25, 07 7:32 am    US Open Ozone Snowkite Masters Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, The US Open Ozone Snowkite Masters is next weekend at Skyline Drive, Utah. You can pre-register for the event and races at http://www.windzup.com/news_usopen.html

Hope to see you all there,

Heather Schenck
Ozone Kites USA

USOPEN.jpg 

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostSun Feb 25, 07 7:34 am     Reply with quote

I heard there was going to be a big air comp.. is that right. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil invite only?

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostSun Feb 25, 07 7:50 am    we know Who Reply with quote

who's your daddy? Laughing
Alex Peterson IS the king of the AIR Very Happy

Sailut

Since 31 May 2005
72 Posts
Utah

PostSun Feb 25, 07 7:59 am     Reply with quote

We had 6-8 inches of new fluffy powder for Saturdey session.
It was the best Skyline has been yet this year. IMHO
Chasta is in town doing his amazing, superhuman kiting/flying.
The forcast this week is more snow off and on through the week.
Early forcasts are Partly cloudy to clear. West wind 12-22.
It should make for some great snow conditions for the OSKM next weekend.

"""The Master himself will be on slope once again to host the Snowkite Masters, and this winter Chasta has invited several comrades to join him in a slope-style demonstration, showcasing the Highest levels of the sport. Chasta hopes to pass along the much anticipated ‘Mammoth’ Award for the biggest air. In the tradition of No Judging, the Slope-Style will be determined only by those on slope. """

-Marty Cool

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostSun Feb 25, 07 8:53 am     Reply with quote

Yeah I wouldn't jump too high if my kite folded up and fell to the ground either. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

so is that a no on the king of the air?? just some low dangle flippers Laughing Laughing Laughing and amazing multiple kite relaunchs Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

this smack talk is all entertainment,(probably mostly mine Confused ) just stirring the pot.

I can't jump cracks in the sidewalk. Twisted Evil

we all know chasta is a good rider..

from my expierience the east wind powder days are the real deal in utah..

Sailut

Since 31 May 2005
72 Posts
Utah

PostSun Feb 25, 07 4:43 pm     Reply with quote

Bladders rule...

idunno????

OK

Me either.

Smoooooooth and styling......King. IMHO

East...ooooohhhh...yeeeeaaa.....

-Marty Cool

Are you gonna be here?

windzup

Since 28 Apr 2006
22 Posts

PostWed Feb 28, 07 4:27 pm    US Open Ozone Snowkite Masters Reply with quote

2 days to go until the Ozone Snowkite Masters! It has been snowing through out the week here in Utah and looking like a great forecast for the weekend.

Regarding the competitions...the Kitercross races are the only organized portion of the event (Freeride Prevails!), with 1st-3rd places for both mens, womens, skiers, boarders and juniors divisions. The 1st place in each division will take home their share of the cash purse. The $25 dollar entry fee to race includes a grab bag with T's, beanies and other schwag.... with the cash going towards the purse...more riders equals a bigger purse, so bring out your slow friends Very Happy

2007 has seen a drastic change with Freestyle comps fading out and racing taking a front seat at events. But Freestyle is not dead yet and we will have a slope-style demonstration on Bosco's hill. This is not a judged event, rather an expression session with some of Snowkitings leading pilots showcasing the outlandish potential for kite-flying. The biggest air will be determined by those on slope, with the most high taking home the Skyline Mammoth award. Again, this is not a competitive thang, rather a chance for the media and spectators to enjoy the stylish antics of Snowkiting.

All Freeriders are welcome! No fees, just come and ride at a great spot with good people....
... Saturday Night is going off in Fairview this year, with Bomb City playing downtown and Ska on tap.

Heather Schenck
Ozone Kites USA
infoATwindzup.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: