Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Sauvie ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
splaterwin

Since 17 Nov 2005
165 Posts
Vancouver
Stoked

PostFri May 06, 16 7:18 am    Sauvie ? Reply with quote

Ikite and NOAA forecasting afternoon winds in the 15 to 18 range for Sauvie. Need to sneak away from work and try to get some. If I can get away I will be out with waverunner and foil seat. If no wind we can ride foil seat. It's an easy way to get a feel for foiling without all the work. Have not done much kite foiling yet so I can't say how it relates. Just got the extra long Liquid Force fuselage and that seems to help with the porpoise effect. Taking a little pause with the Columbia water quality thing, can't be any worse then PDX Willamette dumps a few years back. Anyway should be pretty diluted by the time it gets to Sauvie. If I can sneak away will post around noon.

splaterwin

Since 17 Nov 2005
165 Posts
Vancouver
Stoked

PostFri May 06, 16 11:57 am     Reply with quote

Wind looking kind of light. Taking a chance that another kiter will be there. Hope to be on the beach by 2:30/3:00 as long as I don't get called to work.

Rowsign

Since 03 Oct 2015
5 Posts

Kook

PostFri May 06, 16 12:50 pm     Reply with quote

I am curious how thick of wetsuit you use this time of year at Sauvies?
Thanks
CJS

jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat May 07, 16 5:27 am     Reply with quote

hey,
I had an o Neill mutant 5/4 on Thursday and I was super warm. I think a decent 4/3 would work now but it really depends on the individual. a few folks were not wearing booties.

broken record - dress for the swim not the ride.

calikitesurfer

Since 03 Aug 2015
11 Posts

PostSat May 07, 16 6:30 am     Reply with quote

Looks like the winds are supposed to be a bit stronger today from yesterday. Seeing a bit more west in it though, was wondering if it still funnels north or if becomes side-off conditions/gusty or possibly doesn't turn on at all. Also, how was it yesterday? Thanks.

mbevo

Since 22 Apr 2015
39 Posts
Portland

PostSat May 07, 16 8:45 am     Reply with quote

calikitesurfer wrote:
Looks like the winds are supposed to be a bit stronger today from yesterday. Seeing a bit more west in it though, was wondering if it still funnels north or if becomes side-off conditions/gusty or possibly doesn't turn on at all. Also, how was it yesterday? Thanks.

Yesterday I think was one of the strongest, if not the strongest sauvie days I've had, could of used an 8m.

Hoping for the same today!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: