Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

montana Snowkite video
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1726 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostSat Feb 17, 07 7:14 pm    montana Snowkite video Reply with quote

We got the goods over here. Busy day today, but the footage is from yesterday. thanks Brad for the editing assistance!
Bare with me, it's my first video, but it shows what we've been experiencing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LayGKLOaMc0

Jim

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostSun Feb 18, 07 11:22 am     Reply with quote

pretty sweet area!

heres what we got down here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40mPQnYYafQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e0RMcdlW-E

Airnsails

Since 22 Jun 2005
104 Posts
Hood River, OR
Stoked

PostSun Feb 18, 07 4:03 pm     Reply with quote

Cool Vids. Did you guys get any Kiter cross footage. Where is the location in So Oregon?

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1726 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostTue Feb 20, 07 10:22 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
Did you guys get any Kiter cross footage.

I did get some video of the kitercross and saturday's events at the lake. I'll post some more soon.
Here is a video I did from Mt. Haggin on Sunday. I know it's not a lot of action, but the camera battery died on me so I spent more time kiting this day. Yesterday was killer as we kited the snowfields above the cornice most of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As6fxvjYnUI

jim

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostTue Feb 20, 07 6:02 pm     Reply with quote

that spot is MT. Ashland, run a search and youll find out more...i cant type much right now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e0RMcdlW-E

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1726 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostWed Feb 21, 07 1:34 am     Reply with quote

Sol-flyer, The neon effect is pretty cool stuff.

Here's a couple more to make your morning go by a little easier.
This is footage from Saturday at the Rodeo. It's mostly free riding but some good rails and jumping.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCDdZI6j06E

The following is a video of local seattle kiter Joaquin jumping his bullaroo on Monday at Mount Haggin. It's a fun one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRLodDarhsY

I hope you enjoy these two vids.
jim

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Feb 21, 07 6:47 am     Reply with quote

man I wanna go snowkiting... Confused

nice vids all around Thumb's Up

Wyo Kiter

Since 09 Mar 2006
148 Posts
In a VAN, down by the RIVER.
Stoked

PostWed Feb 21, 07 8:37 am     Reply with quote

Somebody up there made sure the weather was with us! Thanks Keith!!!

What a fun weekend!!! Shocked

Remember not to kite any farther that you are willing to Post hole back. or pack a pair of snowshoes! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Helping companys to innovate bricks-and-clicks supply-chains and orchestrate real-time content to deliver customized channels to scale strategic e-services and facilitate global e-markets which will incubate 24/7 niches and seize dot-com channels.

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1726 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostWed Feb 21, 07 4:18 pm     Reply with quote

One more for you.
Last one for a while.
this one is footage of the kitercross

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYHEVGgWovg

Enjoy!

stringy

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostWed Feb 21, 07 4:42 pm     Reply with quote

stringy wrote:
Sol-flyer, The neon effect is pretty cool stuff.

thanks, that vid is actually my bro's creation.

what did you think about the kites, was there more L.E.I.'s, or foils....any seem to stand out over the rest?

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1726 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostWed Feb 21, 07 5:38 pm     Reply with quote

The majority seemed to be Ozone foils. Probably 2/3 were foils. Of the inflatables, the majority were waroos. I saw some weird stuff with them in the air though. Sometimes they looked as if the wingtips would fold over. Some would be pretzeled or bow tied. They seemed to be the best setup for snowkiting though. I had a B6 that I would roll up in my harness, take to the rigging site, without a bag, unroll and I would leave my bar connected so I basically walk out my lines and then launch. I didn't have to worry about leaving my pump laying around. This allowed me to ride before my buddies even had there kites pumped. It's so easy to launch and just throw the bar to land it. Only thing is there isn't much depower so you have to send it over to the edge of the window by stomping hard and edging. There were times this was difficult due to crusted snowtop, like being on ice. This was only when it was high winds. Most of the time it was just nice to loop to build apparent wind speed.
I was flying this kite most of the weekend, while my friends were on 9 and 12m rangers, 10m bullaroo and 12 m waroo. On the other hand I was not doing any jumping.

Wyo Kiter

Since 09 Mar 2006
148 Posts
In a VAN, down by the RIVER.
Stoked

PostWed Feb 21, 07 6:30 pm     Reply with quote

2 tired to resize pics. c u l8ter
Helping companys to innovate bricks-and-clicks supply-chains and orchestrate real-time content to deliver customized channels to scale strategic e-services and facilitate global e-markets which will incubate 24/7 niches and seize dot-com channels.

Last edited by Wyo Kiter on Wed Feb 21, 07 6:52 pm; edited 3 times in total

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Feb 21, 07 6:39 pm     Reply with quote

the kiter cross looks pretty wild, lots of folks packed in tight... carnage eh? Very Happy

Hein

Since 08 Mar 2005
1313 Posts

Possessed

PostWed Feb 21, 07 10:17 pm     Reply with quote

Where's the pow pow? Looks like wind pack
crunchy/lumpy.

Forget the kite and come to Meadows after it dumps.
15+" of fluffy light snow in the trees yesterday and today
where you can't go with your kite. And only a 30 minute
drive from HR. Yeah, I hate the place but with snow like
today, who cares.

That's why I'm selling my foils. 10 is gone. anyone
need a 7.5 m Frenzy?

mikethemate

Since 16 Jan 2007
55 Posts
White Salmon

PostWed Feb 21, 07 11:22 pm    Niiiice, I like....The snow is hard not! Reply with quote

Yeah, good times all around. I would reccomend travelling with Stringy to anyone. Not only did he hook up the most pimp of pads (Lakefront & prime) he documented the entire event troughout a multitude of lenses. Good to see the northwest represented as well.

I got hooked on the Rangers, due to their ease of rigging and use. Jim & I spent all of monday far beyond the first ridge at Haggin on the 9m. Luckily there was no post-n-holin to be had that day. Brad & Joaquin were exploring the south side as well.

Sure the snow conditions could have been better, but the wind was always there for us. plus we found some prettty sweet pockets of pow in the valleys. Sooo nice to carve fresth tracks without a charilift in sight!

I am sold on snowkiting and will attend the Lake Dillon event on March 11-12. It was inspiring to see some who are not afraid to huck it over a potentially hard impact upon landing. You definately better check yo-self before you wreck yo-self!

~M

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostThu Feb 22, 07 7:42 am     Reply with quote

while you all were enjoyin' montana we were at skyline. Saw some epic stuff like jumpin off the top of bosco and airin all the way down and over the road by 50' the into the valley below a few hundred yards, like a 1/4 mile- 30 second jumps, don't worry some pro vids were taken in high def and may be in a theater near you next season. Also Chasta showed up and was showing off how those ozones like to fold up and fall to the earth while powered. we asked if he wanted to borrow a good kite but he just laughed , we have vid of that to. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Chris B

Since 25 Sep 2006
7 Posts

Kook

PostThu Feb 22, 07 8:14 am     Reply with quote

Stringy
Are you going to post the cowgirl contest? Laughing Let’s just say Slingshot stickers make excellent pasties! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: