Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

ride engine harness
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostFri Apr 29, 16 6:49 am     Reply with quote

patdaniels wrote:
Mark wrote:
Added a Ronstan snap shackle to my rope. Works great.

Have you self launch/land off a tether using that snap shackle? Would be great to know if it's quick n' easy or not in that application.

I looked at them and counted them out thinking it would be a little too tricky switching CL from tether to snap shackle quickly for self launch on tether.

Pretty quick and simple. It just clicks closed. You pull the tiny ring to open. You can get these at West Marine for about $15 or 2nd WIND for about $10 (support your local kite merchant if you can). Very strong and stainless steel.

www.naishkites.com

cpc219

Since 12 Jun 2014
293 Posts
The Dalles
Obsessed

PostSun May 01, 16 9:29 pm     Reply with quote

I got a prototype harness from RE last summer and I am still using that thing. The only upgrade was to an 8" slider rope because my proto started out with the slider hook which was eventually discontinued. Either way the harness itself is rock solid and DOESN NOT MOVE during the session. The slider rope is sick and I like the 8" over the 10" because it keeps the range of motion of the chicken loop a little tighter for doing tricks and stuff. Highly recommend this setup.

Feel free to ask me any questions at the event site if you see me and if you want to take it for a spin that's cool too. See you out there.

Cody

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostMon May 02, 16 7:58 pm     Reply with quote

don't use the new prototype sliding rope that is being tested. watch it snap in a gust two weeks ago at the hatchery. kite went flying down river, another kiter pulled him to shore and dad came and picked him up. who ever told me they were R& D ing new material for a slider. well it failed dreadfully!!!

cpc219

Since 12 Jun 2014
293 Posts
The Dalles
Obsessed

PostMon May 02, 16 10:46 pm     Reply with quote

Dog Patrol wrote:
don't use the new prototype sliding rope that is being tested. watch it snap in a gust two weeks ago at the hatchery. kite went flying down river, another kiter pulled him to shore and dad came and picked him up. who ever told me they were R& D ing new material for a slider. well it failed dreadfully!!!

This is not the case. That was our homie Nick and that rope was a piece of spectra line from a sailing shop that he got from a friend while he was in the DR over the winter. It has nothing to do with Ride Engine or the slider rope they are putting out.

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostTue May 03, 16 7:54 am     Reply with quote

cpc219 wrote:
Dog Patrol wrote:

This is not the case. That was our homie Nick and that rope was a piece of spectra line from a sailing shop that he got from a friend while he was in the DR over the winter. It has nothing to do with Ride Engine or the slider rope they are putting out.

Well tell your Homie nick that he should not act like he was and team rider for ride engine. He was touting r&d ing for your guys and said he was trying it for the new harnesses. Maybe he was just acting cool. Not a big deal but I think he was embarrassed his dad had to come pick him up while his kite was rolling up river. I was not the only one at the hatchery that heard him tout the trial rope for ride engine. !! We were all young and running your trap to sound cool catches up!!

patdaniels

Since 29 Jul 2015
91 Posts
Seattle area

PostTue May 03, 16 8:44 am     Reply with quote

Some people are asking about hook knife placement on Ride Engine harness since it does not come with a hook knife.

You can fit one in the slot on underside of hook or slider bar, but I actually like it better hanging on a holster on the lower section of strap of the open end of the bar. I'm right handed an want it on that side for easy access.

Like the discussion on Ride Engine slider bar relative to adding O rings, or a snap hook, or a snap shackle or threading CL just through the slider line, it comes down to personal preference.

The strap on open end of the slider bar that the hook knife holster is threaded through is not tightened in this picture. Once you put the harness on and tighten the open end strap - the hook knife holster sits nicely, tight, easily accessible and you don't notice it.

example hook knife placement on Ride Engine harness.jpg 

skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostWed May 04, 16 8:05 am     Reply with quote

Mark wrote:

does the chicken loop fit through the snap shackle?
it looks like it is tight.

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostWed May 04, 16 8:18 am     Reply with quote

skideeppow wrote:
Mark wrote:

does the chicken loop fit through the snap shackle?
it looks like it is tight.

Yes quite easily. Plenty of extra room.

www.naishkites.com

Nick_Stuart

Since 25 Apr 2015
6 Posts

Kook

PostWed May 04, 16 8:31 am     Reply with quote

Dog Patrol wrote:
cpc219 wrote:
Dog Patrol wrote:

Well tell your Homie nick that he should not act like he was and team rider for ride engine. He was touting r&d ing for your guys and said he was trying it for the new harnesses. Maybe he was just acting cool. Not a big deal but I think he was embarrassed his dad had to come pick him up while his kite was rolling up river. I was not the only one at the hatchery that heard him tout the trial rope for ride engine. !! We were all young and running your trap to sound cool catches up!!

Dog Patrol sorry if you took me wrong. I was not trying to act too cool or be a Homie. I have been in the Gorge for many years and I am sure people on this forum would confirm I am not the person you are describing above.

I had my equipment break. My dad did happen to be there to pick me up, which was great. TJ picked up my kite (thank you TJ).

I was not riding a production product and did not want people to spread bad information that the Ride Engine product breaks because it was not a production product. This is why when asked I mentioned the rope was not production and a test rope.

I am not a team rider, I work for Slingshot and Ride Engine. If you would like to speak with me directly I am happy to have a conversion with you. PM me for my contact information.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: