Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Ride Engine with Dynabar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
chavannes

Since 14 Oct 2015
8 Posts

Kook

PostThu Jan 28, 16 9:44 pm    Ride Engine with Dynabar Reply with quote

It wasn't rocket science, but I rank it up there with the discovery of Peanut Butter and Chocolate being combined together.

https://youtu.be/M3HV2H468YQ

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2573 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostSat Jan 30, 16 11:13 am     Reply with quote

Is it worth it for the Carbon Elite? Or is the Hex good enough?

I've some say to go a size bigger than you normally would, others say go smaller because they stretch...which is it. I have a 34"-ish waist, so medium?

Thanks...

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostSat Jan 30, 16 11:45 am     Reply with quote

I took my ride engine hex cor which is the same weight except for a possible .4 less of an oz. to the elite series and put a sliding hook on it. In my opinion and others who weighed them said they would not spend their money on the more expensive version. the hex cor actually feels more comfortable to me. I ordered the sliding hook from 321 to make it a sliding fixed hook so I don't have to take my donkey dick off in case of self landing with anchors etc. so far it seems to be a good set up and will be tested in maui later this month. I don't think you need the dynabar spreader which has the bungees on it to bring it back to neutral.

curious to others suggestions and opinions!!!

lineman

Since 05 Feb 2009
170 Posts

Stoked

PostSun Jan 31, 16 6:14 pm     Reply with quote

My waist measures 36.5 in, large was too small, XL fits perfect.
Large should fit a 34, dont go by pants size measure yiur waist.
This harness likes to sinch smaller rather than open wider.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2573 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostWed Feb 03, 16 1:44 pm     Reply with quote

Need some quick advice as I would like to get my Dynabar ordered today. They come in an 11" and 13". I want the maximum amount of sliding travel so I was inclined to go for the 13".

I will be putting it on the Hex Core XL. Melanie at 321 says they normally pair the 11" with an XL. My only concern would be that the cinching loops on the harness would be too close together to let me tighten the 13" down.

Thoughts please?

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1471 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostWed Feb 03, 16 1:55 pm     Reply with quote

11" is a lot of sliding....
i'd be worried about a 13 being too wide...

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2573 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostWed Feb 03, 16 2:02 pm     Reply with quote

ldhr wrote:
11" is a lot of sliding....
i'd be worried about a 13 being too wide...

too wide as in too much sliding travel? Or too wide as in doesn't fit the harness and won't cinch down properly?

thx

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Feb 03, 16 5:48 pm     Reply with quote

both.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2573 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostWed Feb 03, 16 5:57 pm     Reply with quote

OK, I home rigged a harness once to slide from the back handle attachment points. I liked having the pull coming right off the side of my hip when appropriate. But I'll go with the 11" and see how it works.

Thanks. Thumb's Up

Blazeheliski

Since 30 Mar 2011
655 Posts
Mosier
Addicted

PostWed Feb 03, 16 7:24 pm     Reply with quote

I use the 13 inch dynabar with my custom engine. Works great with that system. The new universal harness may not fit the 13s. The guys at 321 are pretty straight shooters - I would probably go with what they say.

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostFri Feb 05, 16 11:30 am     Reply with quote

I just got one of the Hex ones and rode it while I was in Mexico last week. I really like it. I am just going to add the fixed sliding hook cause I feel like it's just a pain in the ass to release the chicken loop each time. You dont have to buy the whole dynabar set up unless you really want it. You can just buy the sliding hook and add it

http://321kiteboarding.com/products/dynabar-sliding-spreader-bar-hook

toddjb

Since 16 Oct 2007
271 Posts
MD
Obsessed

PostMon Feb 08, 16 7:13 am     Reply with quote

Bettyboarder wrote:
I just got one of the Hex ones and rode it while I was in Mexico last week. I really like it. I am just going to add the fixed sliding hook cause I feel like it's just a pain in the ass to release the chicken loop each time. You dont have to buy the whole dynabar set up unless you really want it. You can just buy the sliding hook and add it

http://321kiteboarding.com/products/dynabar-sliding-spreader-bar-hook

That's pretty cool. Have you tried it yet?
I seem to remember reading that they were not compatible due to line type or width...but I have no data to back that up. Just a vague recollection.

Be curious to hear your feedback. Got my Engine last week but haven't had the opportunity to ride it yet.

SalmonSlayer

Since 27 Nov 2005
648 Posts

Addicted

CGKA Member

PostThu Feb 11, 16 10:14 am     Reply with quote

Wind Slither wrote:
Need some quick advice as I would like to get my Dynabar ordered today. They come in an 11" and 13". I want the maximum amount of sliding travel so I was inclined to go for the 13".

I will be putting it on the Hex Core XL. Melanie at 321 says they normally pair the 11" with an XL. My only concern would be that the cinching loops on the harness would be too close together to let me tighten the 13" down.

Thoughts please?

I tried an experiment to see how much hook travel I would use if I had a line going from hip to hip. I determined that I did not need more than the 11 inch bar offered.

I also found the 13 was too wide to fit comfortably. I have a svelte 36 inch waist FYI

burton420

Since 19 Aug 2007
38 Posts
Kelowna,BC,Canada

PostSat Feb 13, 16 7:09 pm    ride engine spreader bar on regular harness?? Reply with quote

just wondering if i am able to use the spreader bar on my IOn shorts harness, or are they only compatible with ride engine harnesses.

I'm looking forward to trying this new tech.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: