Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Snowkite rodeo Event (who is going)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
anders

Since 01 May 2012
107 Posts

Stoked

PostThu Jan 07, 16 11:57 am    Snowkite rodeo Event (who is going) Reply with quote

I have never been to any snowkite events but this one looks like fun. I took the time off so I am planning on going. Anyone else planning on attending? It would be fun to get a group together.
http://www.thekiteboarder.com/event-cal/montana-snowkite-rodeo-2016/

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2573 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostThu Jan 07, 16 5:19 pm     Reply with quote

I looked into going. Didn't seem to be any good flight options from PDX. The Camas always seems to win out for proximity. Would be a blast though.

noah

Since 19 Oct 2006
171 Posts
Bozeman, Montana
Stoked

PostFri Jan 08, 16 6:23 am     Reply with quote

More info here: http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-37846.html

anders

Since 01 May 2012
107 Posts

Stoked

PostSat Jan 09, 16 9:03 am     Reply with quote

Well the Jackson lodge is full but I did secure a few nights at the Pioneer lodge 18 mi away. I have a 4 month old and my wife is asking what they are going to do while I'm kiting. Hopefully there will be some tents set up for a little shelter.

beech

Since 21 Aug 2010
482 Posts
Longview, WA
Obsessed

PostSat Jan 09, 16 12:22 pm     Reply with quote

anders wrote:
Well the Jackson lodge is full but I did secure a few nights at the Pioneer lodge 18 mi away. I have a 4 month old and my wife is asking what they are going to do while I'm kiting. Hopefully there will be some tents set up for a little shelter.

Bra, don't make your wife sit in the freezing cold with a 4 month old while you indulge. Seriously, its not worth it.

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostSat Jan 09, 16 3:57 pm     Reply with quote

anders wrote:

bring the name of your divorce attorney and papers for your wife to sign after you leave her and the 4 year old cold alone and board off their ass!!!

lewmt

Since 04 Aug 2010
182 Posts
MT
Stoked

PostSat Jan 09, 16 5:35 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
Well the Jackson lodge is full but I did secure a few nights at the Pioneer lodge 18 mi away. I have a 4 month old and my wife is asking what they are going to do while I'm kiting

Jackson Lodge has a hot springs they can hang out in. If they ski there is the Maverick Ski Area @ 20 mi away. Really a very cool - very nice snow - low key little family ski hill. Make arrangements at the bar the night you get there & we'll be sure & get you to wherever we're kiting & leave her the car .... Rolling Eyes oops just saw 4"month" old....was thinking 4 year old....hmmmm......definitely leave her the car while you kite. If she likes touring ski's(or x-country) or snowshoeing the options are unlimited close by. We kite several different locations in the area potentially depending on wind direction, snow quality, wind strength, &/or storminess.

anders

Since 01 May 2012
107 Posts

Stoked

PostSat Jan 09, 16 7:59 pm     Reply with quote

My wife looked up the population of wisdom and it was 98. Lets just say she wasn't impressed. Maybe I'll get her a new book to read. After the rodeo we are going to continue on to Jackson Hole Wyoming which she is looking forward to. We have been wanting to go there for a while.

I know 4 months is pretty young. I'm a good dad I promise.

anders

Since 01 May 2012
107 Posts

Stoked

PostSat Jan 09, 16 8:01 pm     Reply with quote

lewmt wrote:
Quote:
Well the Jackson lodge is full but I did secure a few nights at the Pioneer lodge 18 mi away. I have a 4 month old and my wife is asking what they are going to do while I'm kiting

Jackson Lodge has a hot springs they can hang out in. If they ski there is the Maverick Ski Area @ 20 mi away. Really a very cool - very nice snow - low key little family ski hill. Make arrangements at the bar the night you get there & we'll be sure & get you to wherever we're kiting & leave her the car .... Rolling Eyes oops just saw 4"month" old....was thinking 4 year old....hmmmm......definitely leave her the car while you kite. If she likes touring ski's(or x-country) or snowshoeing the options are unlimited close by. We kite several different locations in the area potentially depending on wind direction, snow quality, wind strength, &/or storminess.

thanks for the info. Jackson Lodge looks pretty nice to hang out and relax.

waynepjh

Since 27 Jul 2008
212 Posts
jackson wy
Stoked

PostThu Jan 14, 16 5:44 am     Reply with quote

Look me up when you get to jackson if you want to kite! Hard to know where to go unless you live here. Wayne 307-413-3977

noah

Since 19 Oct 2006
171 Posts
Bozeman, Montana
Stoked

PostThu Jan 14, 16 8:45 am     Reply with quote

From my experience, the Snowkite Rodeo is a pretty low-key event. It is based out of the bar at Jackson Hot Springs. We bounce from location to location every day depending upon where the wind is best.

There are no tents for non-kiters to hang out in.

Often our kite spots are one to 2 miles from where we park our vehicles, as kiters with snowmobiles run quick shuttle laps to the spots for those who need rides.

A good book or two would be recommended for your non-kiting wife.

anders

Since 01 May 2012
107 Posts

Stoked

PostThu Jan 14, 16 8:55 am     Reply with quote

waynepjh wrote:
Look me up when you get to jackson if you want to kite! Hard to know where to go unless you live here. Wayne 307-413-3977

Thank you! I definitely want to make the most of my trip.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: