Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

stolen kite...sandbar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
bamboo

Since 24 Jun 2005
165 Posts
da 'chung; taiwan
Stoked

PostThu Jul 07, 05 5:23 pm    stolen kite...sandbar Reply with quote

WTF! i take the keys to the car out of my kite bag, go up to my car, grab some stuff, come back and my kite is gone! in the span of 15 mins someone decided to grab my kite bag with my 9 meter kite inside of it and bolt.

whoever you are, you are a fucking loser! no if ands butts about it. a wanker. may the worst case of voodoo come down on your ass and forever subject you to incesant kitemares! you deserve it.

what was stolen: my 9 meter '05 slingshot (red/blue/black), in the bag.
where: right on the sand bar with everyone around.
when: between 2:45 and 3:00pm thursday july 7th (today)
how/why: i'm not sure why god created such low lifes.

if you happened to take off with it by mistake, thinking that it was yours, let's swap a pitcher of beer, kite, and call it a day. no worries.

if your reading this and are the one who stole it may you rot in hell!

if your reading this and are concerned for your own gear...well it looks like the time has come for us to all lock up our gear and buckle down the hatches. it looks like kiting has reached that point...didn't take us long!

at the end of the day things could be worse...we could have been riding a london subway. but either way, keep your eyes open and let me know if you hear/see anything. Twisted Evil

Scriffler

Since 03 Jul 2005
581 Posts
LYLE
Addicted

PostThu Jul 07, 05 8:06 pm    Kitemares Reply with quote

Whoever kites at the sandbar needs to watch out for everyone elses stuff as well as their own. Karma will equal out for both people. If it's any consolation my kite got sucked under a train and demolished today about the same time. :wink:

Daniel

Since 07 Jul 2005
2 Posts

PostThu Jul 07, 05 8:53 pm    re:stolen kite..sandbar Reply with quote

That totally sucks. About a year ago my 4runner was stolen with all of my kiteboarding gear inside. I was irate. I hope your kite turns up.
D Evil or Very Mad

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostThu Jul 07, 05 10:32 pm     Reply with quote

Did you have your name on your kite or any distinguishing marks? I mark my bag and kite w/permanent ink, that way I can bring an asswuppin on any walking turd that steals my kit.

Lizard

Since 08 Jul 2005
2 Posts

PostFri Jul 08, 05 8:16 am     Reply with quote

first, I agree with your response of what a bottom feeder the person who took your kite is. If you do find this person I will be happy to pull out my 3 iron and take a few swings.

Second, My friend Brian had his kite stolen on the 4th same location. however many more people. His kite a 9m Slingshot 05.

Third, I would go out on limb and say this bottom feeder could be the same person. Chances are they are not that smart so lets all help out and find these kites and the scum that took them. I need some pratice with my three iron!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostFri Jul 08, 05 8:22 am     Reply with quote

That absolutely sucks! Do you have a picture of your kite? Maybe post a picture with the serial number on the forum. If everyone keeps an eye out it's possible the kite could be found. Then we could post the picture of the asswipe who stole it...

Nak

tonski

Since 11 Jun 2005
332 Posts
NW Portland
Obsessed

PostFri Jul 08, 05 8:29 am     Reply with quote

Now that there have been two confirmed thefts of the exact same make/model/ year/ size, possibly by the same person, let's all keep an eye on Craig's list, E-bay, Windance classifieds, and Ikitesurf.

4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostFri Jul 08, 05 9:17 am    Action Plan Reply with quote

I think it would help if all of us made sure that we make kiters aware of what happened at the sandspit on Thursday...especially those people who might have been there and seen something...anything that seemed out of the ordinary. I assume the theft victim already advised the local police. If anyone remembers anything out-of-the-ordinary report it to the Hood River Sheriff's Department or City Police. You would be surprised how blatant and insanely stupid a thief can be.
I'd like to see something like this on the Norcor website:

Booking No... : 2005010119 File Number : 3602
Inmate Name : ASSHOLE KITE THIEF
Arrest Date .. : 07/08//2005 Booking Date : 07/08/2005
Offense ........ : THEFT I X3, MISC IIIX3
Scheduled Release Date : / /
Age... : 39 Sex... : M Race : WHITE
Height : 6'1"; Weight : 175
Hair .. : BLK Eyes : BRO
Total Fines : $ 0.00
Total Bond : $1,000,000.00
Total Bail.. : $ 100,000.00

CHARGE INFORMATION
Offense Disposition Sentence
THEFT 1RST DEG ****PER JUDGE SMITH BAIL SE Pending
THEFT 1RST DEG/HRCC/050009CR Pending
BURGLARY 2ND DEG/HRCC/050009CR Pending
THEFT 2ND DEG/HRCC/050009CR Pending
CRIMINAL MISCHIEF 3RD DEG NO CHARGE FILED

NickNolte.jpg 

windejaculation

Since 08 Jul 2005
4 Posts
Goldendale
Kook

PostFri Jul 08, 05 10:19 am    kill the wabbit Reply with quote

time for a coming to jesus for the low lifes. let's find the kite and make an example of the thief. banned for life and branded a thief at every launch form sea to shinning sea.

dangerD

Since 27 Jun 2005
223 Posts
Bingen Heights
Stoked

PostFri Jul 08, 05 2:52 pm     Reply with quote

Yeah lets get the mutha-F--er. I like the branding idea... Its totally illegal but what the F. My granpappy says none of this BS used to happen, 'cause bad people got lynched. Were forming a militia stop this crap. Our 1st meeting will be tues eve at the sandbar.

Rico

Since 13 Mar 2005
1219 Posts
Vancouver
Photographer

PostFri Jul 08, 05 4:10 pm    Setup up a sting @ the bar Reply with quote

We could setup a sting operation and when he tries to walk off with the kite we can all take some swings.

Cool

lance_k

Since 04 May 2005
561 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostSat Jul 09, 05 12:13 am     Reply with quote

Had my pump taken on July 4th from the Marina...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: