Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Hooking in with Ride Engine Harness.
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
jrlieber

Since 04 May 2011
21 Posts
Seattle

PostSun Aug 14, 16 10:53 am    Careful of Carabiners Reply with quote

I know this post may a bit old, but just commenting on the use of carabiners in this situation - ideally if you EVER have a carabiner attached to your kiting setup, it should be a LOCKING carabiner. This will eliminate the possibility (if locked) of accidentally having any lines pass into, but not out of, the loop. This could permanently shorten one line, and prevent a safety release.
I DO like the concept of regularly releasing your safety. But you should check your safety regularly, regardless of what harness you are using, and ESPECIALLY if you're borrowing someone else's rig.
I just bought a large Ride Engine harness - waist about 34, 6'0", 180lbs. But I want it to also fit well with a wetsuit. Happy so far, but need to figure a simpler method of changing out the CL. This gets interesting when you come in and want to pass the kite to someone else without landing the kite (stable wind conditions, etc). A carabiner might help this situation. Will try those stainless loops though.
Jamie (kite safety doc)

joaodav

Since 18 Oct 2016
2 Posts

PostTue Oct 18, 16 4:37 pm    wainman cl Reply with quote

i have a wainman bar and it uses a closed CL.
but i can pass the CL through the dynema rope and engage the QR everytime before I launch and disengage after landing it.
can there be any problem with this setup?
Thanks for your comments!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: