Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

first Maui impression...part 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
honda1

Since 11 Sep 2013
183 Posts

Stoked

PostThu Oct 01, 15 12:16 am    first Maui impression...part 2 Reply with quote

The last Maui kite experience didn't go so well. All explained in the first post. Glad to report back again that I have found the Maui magic. I hit the waves today. It was a perfect 10m day. The waves were awesome. I got some big air. Words can't explain the amazing sessions today. Last week I kited out of the kite beach, the first launch that is to the left. This time I went to the launch out of the little park, I think the second possible left. What a difference in the experience. So many people were so nice and helpful. I had several great conversations with multiple other kiters. I fly slingshot and happen to meet a group of all slingshot riders who were about as friendly as anyone I have ever met. Such a great day. There is magic in Maui.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2573 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostThu Oct 01, 15 5:36 am     Reply with quote

Sounds awesome! You know the bums "camping" in that park? Don't park too close to them or annoy them in any way. Pretty sure it was one of those charmers who keyed my rental car to the tune of $1300. Now that's some magic aloha! Smile

kwalshpc

Since 24 Oct 2014
142 Posts

Stoked

PostThu Oct 01, 15 6:14 am    Good work Reply with quote

Glad to see that things improved. Waves are the game changer there and if you keep trying - there are also nice people. As was mentioned - there are homeless folks where you went ( it's known as "old mans") and it is best to drive a beater car

quenyaistar

Since 21 Oct 2011
416 Posts
Cougar, WA
Obsessed

PostThu Oct 01, 15 2:23 pm     Reply with quote

Wind Slither wrote:
Sounds awesome! You know the bums "camping" in that park? Don't park too close to them or annoy them in any way. Pretty sure it was one of those charmers who keyed my rental car to the tune of $1300. Now that's some magic aloha! Smile

Hurt people will hurt people.

Lurk

Since 04 Apr 2009
355 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Oct 05, 15 3:54 pm     Reply with quote

No excuse. Homeless does not mean you get a pass for being a-hole.

If some dude costs me $1300 then he might also learn what "hurt people" can do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: