Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

NP wetsuits availability?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostThu Sep 24, 15 9:37 am    NP wetsuits availability? Reply with quote

Hi, does anyone know any store in the area that has NP wetsuits and can order something new for spring 2016? I'm looking to replace my current summer and autumn/spring wetsuits and I like what NP surf has but it's impossible to find it anywhere and they're not responding to my emails.

Last edited by voy-tech on Thu Sep 24, 15 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Sep 24, 15 9:44 am     Reply with quote

just my opinion of course but I would not order a wetsuit into a local store without trying it on first. fit is everything with wetsuits.

voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostThu Sep 24, 15 9:46 am     Reply with quote

I know but there aren't that many options that I like locally :/
I've been riding in my current 5/3 fullsuit one that was ordered online a couple of years back and I have no complaints. Worst case I can always send it back (before actual use of course).

jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Sep 24, 15 9:48 am     Reply with quote

voy-tech wrote:
I know but there aren't that many options that I like locally :/
I've been riding in my current 5/3 fullsuit one that was ordered online a couple of years back and I have no complaints. Worst case I can always send it back (before actual use of course).

sent you a PM

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2062 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostThu Sep 24, 15 9:56 am    Try Josh at cleanline in Seaside! Reply with quote

Cleanline!

voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostThu Sep 24, 15 10:07 am    Re: Try Josh at cleanline in Seaside! Reply with quote

Sasquatch wrote:
Cleanline!

At least on their website they're not advertising any NP products.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostThu Sep 24, 15 10:40 am     Reply with quote

You really should try the O'Neil Pyrotech with Techno Butter, especially if you surf.

voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostThu Sep 24, 15 10:42 am     Reply with quote

I'm only looking for kitesurfing wetsuits, NP is just called NP surf as far as i know.

slacker

Since 26 Apr 2008
32 Posts
Hood River

PostThu Sep 24, 15 11:14 am    NP wetsuit Reply with quote

NP wetsuits are great. Performance waterwear that works for all water sports.
Local Shop:
Bellingham Kite Paddle Surf carries NP wetsuits.
2620 N Harbor Loop Dr # 18, Bellingham, WA 98225
(360) 775-2741
www.kitepaddlesurf.com

Slappysan

Since 13 Jun 2012
308 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Sep 25, 15 8:37 am     Reply with quote

You might consider ordering from Silent Sports, they have killer deals on NP stuff and with the Canadian dollar in the shitter you can get a pimp 5/3 for $115 + tax + shipping, but be warned shipping isn't cheap.

I love my NP suits and I've ordered 2 of them from Silent Sports and got the third at KPS. As stated you can also order from KPS in Bellingham and you'll get no tax and free shipping. The KPS guys are great.

I ride with the hooded 6/5/4 Mission FZ and a 5/3 Mission FZ. Great suits.

C Johnson

Since 17 Apr 2009
853 Posts
Seattle
Opinionated

PostTue Sep 29, 15 8:48 pm     Reply with quote

Check with big winds. Cabrinha and NP surf are the same company so they can probably order whatever you're looking for.

I had the oneill psycho 3 for 2 years and then switched to the NP surf edge last year. The oneill definitely was more stretchy and it's a good suit for surfing but it's also falling apart and gets balloon legs way too easily when kiting. The edge suit is stiffer but holding up much better and doesn't balloon leg near as easily.

KitePaddleSurf is also a good option if you're going to be headed up to bellingham

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2062 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostTue Sep 29, 15 10:28 pm     Reply with quote

C Johnson wrote:
and gets balloon legs way too easily when kiting. The edge suit is stiffer but holding up much better and doesn't balloon leg near as easily.

Get a roll of duck tape or some velcro straps for your legs and that will solve your elephantitus/balloon legs.

voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostWed Sep 30, 15 8:20 am     Reply with quote

I talked with people in at Big Winds as well as KitePaddleSurf in WA. And the conclusion was that they all found out that NP wetsuits are not as durable as O'Neill or ION and that's the main reason they stopped carrying those. While Big Winds works a lot with Cabrinha they stopped working with NP so they cannot order one for me. I ended up ordering O'Neill Mutant 5/4 as the new autumn/spring wetsuit.

C Johnson

Since 17 Apr 2009
853 Posts
Seattle
Opinionated

PostWed Sep 30, 15 10:49 am     Reply with quote

I've had NP (formerly NPX) suits for many years and they did have some quality issues a couple years ago. Right around the time the name changed from NPX to NP it seemed like the quality improved significantly.

voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostWed Sep 30, 15 11:16 am     Reply with quote

C Johnson wrote:
I've had NP (formerly NPX) suits for many years and they did have some quality issues a couple years ago. Right around the time the name changed from NPX to NP it seemed like the quality improved significantly.

Actually my oldest wetsuit that I have is about 15 years old shorty 3/2 that was then made by Neil Pryde (now NP i believe) and expect for it loosing its stretch factor, and some minor tears around the neck collar, it is still going strong Smile

mxwllms

Since 26 Jul 2006
110 Posts
Boring, Or
Stoked

PostWed Sep 30, 15 12:28 pm     Reply with quote

I just got a new np from Kitepaddlesurf in Bellingham last season and I'm real happy with it. they have a much larger selection in store so I just called them and ordered what i wanted... as far as baloon legs go, I had major problems with it in the past and didnt like using velcro around my ankles so I used a soldering gun and melted little holes near the ankles so they drain quickly and the holes dont fray. works awesome, and i do it on all of my suits now

image.jpeg 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: