Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Road's End 8/22 & 8/23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
nw-ben

Since 22 Apr 2014
15 Posts

PostTue Aug 25, 15 9:51 am    Road's End 8/22 & 8/23 Reply with quote

I was in Lincoln City with family last weekend and got some shots down at Road's End. I apologize I don't know any of you, but if you're on the forum and I took pictures of you, let me know if you're interested in more.

Guy with North Pacific and Naish Park.

Guy with Surftech and Naish Pivot.

Tyler Kornblatt(?)

Guy with North Pacific and Cabrinha Kite

Scott M

Laura Maher

I'm new to kiteboarding, with just a couple lessons done, but you guys all got me super stoked and inspired to progress faster. Thanks.

Last edited by nw-ben on Tue Aug 25, 15 1:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

chrissmack

Since 08 Jun 2005
515 Posts
portland
Addicted

PostTue Aug 25, 15 10:27 am     Reply with quote

now that's community service! well done

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostTue Aug 25, 15 11:06 am     Reply with quote

Guy with LibTech, what did you reinforce your board with? Carbon? I've broken two of them. Very tough surfboards, not so tough for heel dents. It ruins them and they are tougher to fix than epoxy.

scottm

Since 12 Jun 2006
108 Posts

Stoked

PostTue Aug 25, 15 1:27 pm     Reply with quote

Rad, thanks for posting the pics Ben! I'm Scott, the guy on the Stretch board and Rally. Laura Maher is the girl on the Slingshot board and RPM. Tyler Kornblatt (or something close to that) is on the Lib and RPM. Would love to get some of those pics!

barfly, Tyler had the guys at North Pacific throw a layer of carbon along the top of each rail on his Lib. Has already snapped a handful of them since they first came out, and said the new 2nd generation construction is way stronger, but still needed a bit more reinforcement. His board has pretty decent heel dents but it's not buckling like the old ones. Imho it's not worth riding a board that is too stiff to heel dent, that added flex is magic for taking the sting out of hard hits and chop.

nw-ben

Since 22 Apr 2014
15 Posts

PostTue Aug 25, 15 1:41 pm     Reply with quote

Scott, pm me your e-mail and I'll get you some more shots of you

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostWed Aug 26, 15 12:51 pm     Reply with quote

scottm wrote:
barfly, Tyler had the guys at North Pacific throw a layer of carbon along the top of each rail on his Lib. Has already snapped a handful of them since they first came out, and said the new 2nd generation construction is way stronger, but still needed a bit more reinforcement. His board has pretty decent heel dents but it's not buckling like the old ones. Imho it's not worth riding a board that is too stiff to heel dent, that added flex is magic for taking the sting out of hard hits and chop.

Thanks. Agree. Tuflite is like riding an ironing board but tougher. I've gone down to a 5'7" on a CI Flyer and that helps but still love the feel of the Libs. Still of the opinion that TL2 is the best balance of feel, weight and strength but no one makes it anymore. Hard to find them in good condition. French UFOs and Macs are a pretty good shape.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: