Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

2013 LF CPR Sticking against stopper?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
CrazyHerb

Since 04 Oct 2008
79 Posts
Ilwaco, WA

PostSun Aug 23, 15 12:33 pm    2013 LF CPR Sticking against stopper? Reply with quote

Noticed yesterday while riding my bar is sticking against my stopper and almost have to "pop" it off on occasion (felt a little hazardous at times having to yank it off the stopper). Thinking main/trim line replacement time, like the lines have swelled a little? The stopper still rides up and down the line ok. Anyone else have this issue? Resolution?

Thanks!
Steve

CrazyHerb

Since 04 Oct 2008
79 Posts
Ilwaco, WA

PostSun Aug 23, 15 7:55 pm     Reply with quote

Ordered a replacement Main/Trim line, so we'll see if that does the trick.

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostSun Aug 23, 15 8:44 pm     Reply with quote

I am assuming that you are referring to the stopper at the end of your trimline. If that is the case, you should NEVER ride without the line cleated. This is not only applicable to LF bars but true for any manufacturers bars. If you let your trim line out all the way and rely in the stopper to maintain the line against the cleat it puts your rope at a angle that compromises the fibers in the rope. None of them are designed to be used in this fashion. I believe the manual tell you to make sure the line is always cleated as well.

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

CrazyHerb

Since 04 Oct 2008
79 Posts
Ilwaco, WA

PostSun Aug 23, 15 10:16 pm     Reply with quote

Oh..good point...thanks...and yes, I always have an inch or two slack from the cleat.
To clarify, I was referring to the adjustable stopper.
(pic below) Hopefully replacement trim line will fix it...will report back on success/failure.
Still love this bar, and actually prefer above bar cleat. Maybe this winter I'll save up for a SS Sentinel (hehe) I'm not brand dependent..LOL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: