Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

shuttle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
honda1

Since 11 Sep 2013
183 Posts

Stoked

PostFri Aug 21, 15 9:59 pm    shuttle Reply with quote

Does anyone know if a shop such as bigwinds do any shuttles for downwinders. Maybe from viento to hood or when the wind changes from dalton point to rooster rock. I heard a couple months ago someone or one of the shops were putting something together. Anyone heard anything?

markamcclure

Since 20 May 2011
165 Posts
Portland, OR
Stoked

PostSat Aug 22, 15 6:19 am     Reply with quote

I think big winds does a Vento/event site shuttle for 10 dollars, leaving around 1p each day that is windy.

hilton

Since 15 Aug 2008
787 Posts

Opinionated

PostSat Aug 22, 15 6:35 am     Reply with quote

http://www.bigwinds.com/downwind-shuttle

SalmonSlayer

Since 27 Nov 2005
648 Posts

Addicted

CGKA Member

PostSat Aug 22, 15 7:17 am     Reply with quote

Am I missing something about the fees?

RATES

$12 per person
$85 - Five time pass

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2058 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostSat Aug 22, 15 8:46 am     Reply with quote

Awesome! But realize that this is going to lower the barriers-to-entry and may (probably) will allow access to/for those that might not be skilled enough to do the downwinder. Swell City might not be so swell in the future.

I do have a question though; what if one if on the fence as to which kite size to rig? Will the shuttle allow one to bring extra gear and return it and look after it for whatever gear that is not utilized on the downwinder? I'd pay extra for that.

I've always thought that this would be a great idea for Lot B and or Manzanita. Perfect gig for a college student who was living at the coast for the summer.

Get some!

Johnb

Since 02 Aug 2010
494 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Aug 22, 15 10:53 am     Reply with quote

I called a hood river taxi service to get a price from the event site to viento. I forget which company but it was around $15.00.

I have done several blind downwinders and managed to get a ride back from someone. But I planned on getting a taxi ride back to viento if necessary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: