Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Logosz interview on 2016 Rally & Wave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
toddjb

Since 16 Oct 2007
271 Posts
MD
Obsessed

PostWed Aug 19, 15 9:31 pm    Logosz interview on 2016 Rally & Wave Reply with quote

This is a very good interview with Tony that answers a lot of the questions we were trying to figure out in other threads.

http://gleiten.tv/index.php/video/action/view/v/2028/page/298/

I really liked the explanation on the two modes of the Wave SST kite and how it will change the flight characteristics, like you turn a switch. (and I think at the end of the video he comments that the IRS Bridle is that switch ?)

Anyway, worth a listen and will help make sense of all our musings, theories and pontifications on the new kites (i.e. talking out our asses)
Wink

JeffT

Since 07 Jul 2012
238 Posts
Deep Southern Portland
Stoked

PostThu Aug 20, 15 8:36 am     Reply with quote

Nice! Great interview, Tony!

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostThu Aug 20, 15 10:38 am     Reply with quote

JeffT wrote:
Nice! Great interview, Tony!
Agree Thumb's Up

Seems to coo berate a lot of anecdotal comments here on the forum as well as dispel a few.

Windian

Since 28 Apr 2008
881 Posts
Newport, OR
NEWPORT OG

PostThu Aug 20, 15 8:59 pm     Reply with quote

Sounds like Tony sees the Rally as the better drifter kite and the Wave SST as the better precision placement kite. Great interview and explanation of kite characteristics. Now I want to ride a Wave SST in some surf for my own perspective.

Surprised

dcfordo

Since 19 May 2011
60 Posts
The Dalles

PostFri Aug 21, 15 5:15 am     Reply with quote

He said they both drift very well. But the SST has the unusual ability to be controlled while drifting.

Awesome interview! I'm so glad Tony did this. I feel like Slingshot makes great products, but the marketing is such worthless BS. It was so good to learn something substantial about the kites.

Thanks a bunch Tony!

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostFri Aug 21, 15 11:25 am     Reply with quote

dcfordo wrote:
He said they both drift very well. But the SST has the unusual ability to be controlled while drifting.

My favorite quote of the interview by far and why they feel so fast.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: