Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Fishy CL post
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
bajakiter

Since 16 May 2007
58 Posts

PostSun Aug 02, 15 3:23 pm    Fishy CL post Reply with quote

Anyone missing an Airrush kite?

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/for/5151695954.html

pmah21

Since 11 Aug 2014
11 Posts
Portland / Sauvies

PostSun Aug 02, 15 8:12 pm     Reply with quote

hmm I'm going to look into this - had 3 Airush kites stolen last summer.

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-34505.html

thanks for the heads up - will let people know if it's not mine.

kassak

Since 18 May 2010
107 Posts

Stoked

PostSun Aug 02, 15 8:24 pm    Can I help? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the serial numbers and model #s for the kite are in the same area like other brands? Perhaps you can call play dumb and say I need the specific model # and ask for a pic of the tagged area and see if the serial # comes along. I know most people probably don't keep track of it but I think if you are the original owner the retailer could track that down for you.

Anthony

Since 07 Oct 2008
362 Posts
Salem
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostMon Aug 03, 15 5:53 am     Reply with quote

That ad screams stolen. It also says that I will rob you. Note: the taken web pics. No real taken pics. Before I would engage this one, I would have the person send me some pics he took. It is one thing going after stolen goods, and quite another if you are being set up for robbery. That just happened locally here in Salem. MACE in the face is not a great way to start a transaction.

the phone number info

Reverse lookup for 9712204340
Is it fixed line or mobile phone ? Landline
Location of phone / Cell number Gresham
Full Name / caller office name Not availabele due to privacy
Wireless Service / Telephone Network Pac - West Telecomm
State originated Oregon

<Wolverine>

Since 07 Jul 2013
71 Posts
PDX

PostMon Aug 03, 15 7:38 am    What do you mean Fishy? Reply with quote

Looks legit to me. I always use cables when I attach my harness to my kite.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostMon Aug 03, 15 8:35 am     Reply with quote

Small hijack: do you guys have any suggestions for when lost (not stolen) gear shows up on CL? I think my board just popped up (it was signed with a sharpie) at least I believe I see I ding i had from a rock on one of the pictures. And I'm thinking how to approach it - openly say that I suggest it's my board or be sneaky and act as a buyer.

Joshiebaby

Since 14 Oct 2007
569 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostMon Aug 03, 15 9:18 am     Reply with quote

voy-tech wrote:
Small hijack: do you guys have any suggestions for when lost (not stolen) gear shows up on CL? I think my board just popped up (it was signed with a sharpie) at least I believe I see I ding i had from a rock on one of the pictures. And I'm thinking how to approach it - openly say that I suggest it's my board or be sneaky and act as a buyer.

Hey Voy Tech,

I ran into this same instance and contacted the seller saying hey that's my board. Identified the dings and specifics about it and offered a 100 bucks as a finders fee. Got the board back and the guy kept the cash which was lame but I valued it more than 100 bucks so I felt like it was worth it. Maybe your guy will be cool and you can just give him a 6 pack... Standard finders fee to NW Kiters but the general public is not as cool.

voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostMon Aug 03, 15 9:22 am     Reply with quote

Joshiebaby wrote:
voy-tech wrote:

Hey Voy Tech,

I ran into this same instance and contacted the seller saying hey that's my board. Identified the dings and specifics about it and offered a 100 bucks as a finders fee. Got the board back and the guy kept the cash which was lame but I valued it more than 100 bucks so I felt like it was worth it. Maybe your guy will be cool and you can just give him a 6 pack... Standard finders fee to NW Kiters but the general public is not as cool.

Thanks I'll try that - I asked a friend to text him for pictures to make sure it's actually my board and if it turns out to be mine I'll be open like you suggested.

voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostMon Aug 03, 15 1:31 pm     Reply with quote

No luck - I was trying to be positive and thanked the guy for finding my board and offered some finders fee but he hang up on me and won't call/text back.
If you're looking for a board don't get this one: http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/spo/5151581356.html

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostMon Aug 03, 15 1:38 pm     Reply with quote

Some of us have contacts. Do you have the serial number or anything identifying on the board so we can get it back to you!

D-Krep It Kiter

Since 18 Jul 2011
417 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Aug 03, 15 2:08 pm     Reply with quote

voy-tech wrote:
No luck - I was trying to be positive and thanked the guy for finding my board and offered some finders fee but he hang up on me and won't call/text back.

You might want to do your own research but I'm pretty sure its illegal to sell something you found without trying to make some sort of attempt to find the original owner, or at least contact the local police to report the found item.

voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostMon Aug 03, 15 2:10 pm     Reply with quote

Yeah I'm thinking about filing a police report, looks like I cannot do that online for Sauvie Island though (and that's where I've lost it).

Edit: just submitted a theft report with Columbia County Sheriffs office, hopefully that will help.

voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostMon Aug 03, 15 2:54 pm     Reply with quote

D-Krep It Kiter wrote:
You might want to do your own research but I'm pretty sure its illegal to sell something you found without trying to make some sort of attempt to find the original owner, or at least contact the local police to report the found item.

Yes at least in Oregon it is: http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/164.065

thenorm

Since 08 Mar 2011
34 Posts
Beaverton

PostMon Aug 03, 15 6:18 pm     Reply with quote

Gut wrenching. Hope it works out.

kassak

Since 18 May 2010
107 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Aug 03, 15 6:53 pm    A very good how to video Reply with quote

This guy found his stolen bike on craigslist and pretended to be an interested buyer...you'll have to watch the video to see what happens!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhIBWnUHrfw

anders

Since 01 May 2012
107 Posts

Stoked

PostTue Aug 04, 15 1:47 am     Reply with quote

It pisses me off you have to even deal with that guy. I had my car broken into as SI last week and I am actually getting back some items the thief ditched in the bushes and some fish and wildlife people found items and linked it to a police report. I still have to pick my stuff up in St. Helens but at least I get some of my gear back.

keep trying to follow up. I know its frustrating

PieroPDX

Since 22 May 2006
109 Posts

Stoked

PostTue Aug 04, 15 1:59 pm     Reply with quote

Pro Tip:
When you are confident it's your stuff, call the cops. I found two of my windsurf boards on CL back in the day and the authorities came with me and swooped around the corner as soon as I called them.

Poor guy was clearly not the thief, and had picked them up on CL himself and hoped to turn them around. But he had to know they were stolen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: