Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

MTH -Skunk Works- "Potato Chip" Board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
CrazyHerb

Since 04 Oct 2008
79 Posts
Ilwaco, WA

PostThu Jul 23, 15 11:04 pm    MTH -Skunk Works- "Potato Chip" Board Reply with quote

Sharing some "future stoke"...

So, I've been eyeballing an MTH "custom" board for a while and had seen a few on the forums and FB. Time to pull the trigger...as I read he was able to do "concave" in his boards.

With that said...Mike at MTH Boards has been jamming out a secret "custom" board from my KOOK inputs on what I'd like in a chop-eating, carve monster. Lots of rocker, lots of concave (and lots of cm - 165!!). I wanted lots of options for fin config too (twin, quad, mutant) so he totally hooked me up!!

He's taken the time to make a custom form, bent some metal in the testing process, and has bent over backwards to work with my goofy/crazy ideas. He's top-notch to do business with and I've had a blast collaborating on the project. But I'm more excited about just getting my hands on this thing and giving it a ride.

Hope he's ok with me posting, but here's a sneak peek of the board in progress, just out of the press:

I'll keep ya'll posted on rideability and get photos and pics as I get out on it. Hope to have in-hand next week sometime.

This thing should be perfect fit for the Long Beach mush (and threshold winds) I play in:

KITE ON!!
Steve

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostFri Jul 24, 15 9:35 am     Reply with quote

That's going to be beautiful Steve. What is the width? The 165cm is identical to my Mako King while my Bellacera is just slightly bigger/wider but both boards, to my surprise, weigh the same. I eventually snapped the early production King in half last season.......but the woody is expected to live forever. Smile

Mush eater, knee saver and light wind killer for sure. Enjoy the ride!

CrazyHerb

Since 04 Oct 2008
79 Posts
Ilwaco, WA

PostFri Jul 24, 15 8:37 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks Sella,
Think it came out at 45-46cm wide...
If it weighs anything less than my 2009 LF Proof 161 (like 12-13lbs I think, TANK)...
I'll be happy.

Funny how many board makers don't include the "weight" of the boards in the specs. Rather specify rider weight...(duh...I know I'm already heavy, don't rub it in).
Some board weights are a real challenge to find.

KITE ON!!
Steve

Sella wrote:
That's going to be beautiful Steve. What is the width? The 165cm is identical to my Mako King while my Bellacera is just slightly bigger/wider but both boards, to my surprise, weigh the same. I eventually snapped the early production King in half last season.......but the woody is expected to live forever. Smile

Mush eater, knee saver and light wind killer for sure. Enjoy the ride!

CrazyHerb

Since 04 Oct 2008
79 Posts
Ilwaco, WA

PostSun Aug 02, 15 7:03 pm    This board is NO JOKE!! Reply with quote

Holy cow...Love this board...
Not that you wouldn't be able to tell from the video...

https://youtu.be/gn6vdd5AHMs

I slapped three fins on my goofy tail-side and single fin on the nose.
Eats chop, edges like mad and looks good doing it.
Check out the "bleeding" rails....so awesome!! Looks like I just sliced a shark or seal up..LOL.

Turned out 2.5 lbs lighter than my LF Proof 161.

Thanks Mike, at MTH Boards!! Let the stoke continue!!

SalmonSlayer

Since 27 Nov 2005
648 Posts

Addicted

CGKA Member

PostMon Aug 03, 15 9:31 am     Reply with quote

Nice board.

I bought an MTH because I am a sucker for wood boards. Mine is similar to a 2006 SS Glide but 1/2 inch of rocker added. Stringy has the same board but he uses his as a skim board with a deck pad.

mth (450x800).jpg 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: