Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Core Kites van at Manzo or Ft Stevens today (Saturday)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostSat Jul 18, 15 9:46 am    Core Kites van at Manzo or Ft Stevens today (Saturday)? Reply with quote

Where to go, where to go? Searchin for a new brand of kites for myself....

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostSun Jul 19, 15 3:46 pm     Reply with quote

Got a chance to fly a 10m GTS on Friday at Ft. Stevens which they've branded as a "future C". First thing I noticed is the quality of construction of the kites. The Coretex material they use for the bladder sleeves is extremely bomber. I haven't seen anything like it on a kite. I don't think they would lose their crispyness for the life of the kite. The canopy is also bomber with three strands of threads in the crosshatching (whatever it was) but all of this translated into a nice direct feel on the water. Other plusses are large sized inflation and adjustable bridle connection points.

The bar is the lightest I've felt and has two connection points at the bar if you want a shorter or longer bar. The construction is solid. It took me a little to get used to their emergency release which I accidentally engaged while launching. Instead of pushing or pulling to release the emergency, it just twists, so because I had a single twist in my lines when I launched I twisted the release at the chicken loop (this is how my Ozone bar lets you take a twist out) and it engaged the emergency. I'm not a fan of center lines that stay together for 20 or 30 feet then "Y" to the connection at the kite. IMO this makes the kite a little less responsive but probably just something that needs to become accustomed to.

Like most C kite DNA the kite was fluid and nice through the window and I liked it. Not much to add for just one session but this is definitely not a company that has taken shortcuts. They've thought of the consumer and Aarin is a great ambassador. If you get a chance to fly them do it! She'll rig it all up for you too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: