Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Is it really okay to run your generator all day?!
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
unbob

Since 31 Aug 2008
260 Posts
'da Gorge/LaV
Obsessed

PostTue Jul 07, 15 8:48 pm     Reply with quote

Occupied Columbia wrote:
Does this mean it's not ok to start your car to warm up after a cold winter seshion?
Not okay if your muffler is missing!

quenyaistar

Since 21 Oct 2011
416 Posts
Cougar, WA
Obsessed

PostWed Jul 08, 15 11:40 am     Reply with quote

If you run your car to warm up or cool down that's fine if you run your car or generator all day that is rude unacceptable and bad for the earth and her inhabitants.

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1256 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostWed Jul 08, 15 10:17 pm     Reply with quote

Maybe he purchased carbon offsets in which case it's acceptable. Or, he didn't want his dog to die of heat stroke in the hottest July on record?

hobbsla

Since 28 Jan 2006
389 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Jul 09, 15 7:24 pm     Reply with quote

Too bad there wasn't some cool refreshing water around for that poor dog to cool off in.

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostThu Jul 09, 15 10:34 pm     Reply with quote

Seems like most of the RV's where at the bad of the lot. I would assume thats were this one was so what the big deal. It was super hot last weekend and if he did have a pet probably was the only way to keep it cool.

SalmonSlayer

Since 27 Nov 2005
648 Posts

Addicted

CGKA Member

PostFri Jul 10, 15 11:15 am     Reply with quote

Bettyboarder wrote:
Seems like most of the RV's where at the bad of the lot. I would assume thats were this one was so what the big deal. It was super hot last weekend and if he did have a pet probably was the only way to keep it cool.

I had a 30+ foot RV in HR a few years back. A couple of days were spent at the event site. My wife was 7.5 months pregnant, it was hot and she was taking care of our 2 and 3 year old kids while I was out kite boarding all day. What a wonderful wife is chose. If she wanted the generator running to keep cool I would just laugh is someone complained.

Their are different standards of what is "cool" or "respectful" ans is obvious in this topic.

I think the real point is missing here. It does not matter why the RV owner had his generator running. it is not a real issue. Look at your life. You/me/us are privileged people that can afford kite boarding gear, have free time and can enjoy this sport in the Pacific NorthWest. We live in beautiful country and get to ride the wind in jaw dropping scenery with a great crowd of people.

At the end of the day, if your biggest problem is someone running their generator in a parking lot, the real problem is your negative attitude and lack of appreciation for the life you have. A running generator is a problem that is made up in your privileged head because you dont have real problems. We all do this at times. The trick is to catch yourself before it build into negative energy. Just smile and move on.

This tourist will be in HR a good part of August visiting all of your local launches, drinking your beer and having a hell of a time.

FYI...I always help others on the beach. I have dug a very deep karma hole and I am trying to climb out

unbob

Since 31 Aug 2008
260 Posts
'da Gorge/LaV
Obsessed

PostFri Jul 10, 15 8:41 pm     Reply with quote

SalmonSlayer wrote:
At the end of the day, if your biggest problem is someone running their generator in a parking lot, the real problem is your negative attitude and lack of appreciation for the life you have. A running generator is a problem that is made up in your privileged head because you dont have real problems. We all do this at times. The trick is to catch yourself before it build into negative energy. Just smile and move on.
Agreed. This generator thing was an irritation - not a life or death crisis. Yes, I've moved on and life is good. Now a happy camper!

quenyaistar

Since 21 Oct 2011
416 Posts
Cougar, WA
Obsessed

PostFri Jul 10, 15 9:57 pm     Reply with quote

You can find an excuse to do just about anything cool people don't Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: