Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Kite knife recommendation request
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostMon Jun 29, 20 11:54 am    Re: Knife Reply with quote

Gman wrote:
1surfer wrote:
a NRS river safety knife. .

thats the one - a proper knife, you can get grip and saw thru an arm, stick a shark in the eye, cut thru a crab pot line, and has integrated bottle opener

does need some attention - a fresh water rinse and yearly scrub with steel wool and run thru the belt sharpener - also get one of those sharpeners and hit all your kitchen knifes and spear tips - sharp knives will be useful in the approaching end of times - it is known!

https://www.rei.com/product/101754/nrs-co-pilot-river-knife-yellow

https://www.amazon.com/Work-Sharp-WSKTS-Sharpening-Repeatable/dp/B003IT5F14/ref=sr_1_4?crid=6LAH1Q32J6CD&keywords=work+sharp+knife+%26+tool+sharpener&qid=1584824564&s=hi&sprefix=work+shar%2Ctools%2C392&sr=1-4

I've seen that sharpener. I worry that you could heat up the edge and ruin the temper. How well has it worked for you?

I've always been a wet stone kind of guy; you can shave with my knives. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: