Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

spy photos of a new foilboard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jan 11, 07 11:10 am    spy photos of a new foilboard Reply with quote

i caught these photos leaked a few weeks back, .... i just got the ok to leak them.... a new foilboard by comp tech marine.

i only know of a few features, but here's the highlights.

The T-bar comes apart at the bottom of the strut, and is a 'bolt-through' design. This means that it's easy to assemble/disassemble, still as strong as before, and will all pack easily into your board bag.

A new board that is compression molded, specifically designed for foil boarding. I don't know if any of you have tried this before, but all of the previous boards have been hand shaped, and i've seen a lot of boards break.

the other beauty i know about (because I ride the sit downs) is that you can change out the wings to all kinds of combinations to fine tune your style of riding (making it quicker, or more stable, etc..)

this thing will be a light wind, an up wind, and a speed machine (even in heavy chop)...

this isn't a commercial. I love riding the foils, and am excited about the new stuff!!!

FoilBoard1.JPG 
   FoilBoard2.JPG 

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostThu Jan 11, 07 11:25 am     Reply with quote

Flow bindings... This means we have to wear snowboard boots?

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jan 11, 07 11:56 am     Reply with quote

you can be like laird... Twisted Evil

Laird_foil_2.jpg 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: