Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Rooster is on!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
macgruber

Since 06 Dec 2011
490 Posts
SE PDX volcano
Obsessed

PostFri Mar 13, 15 6:07 am    Rooster is on! Reply with quote

Averaging 37 at 7am 3-13-15. Rooster cam is on. Ikitesurf is on. Air temp already 55 and headed to 70. Looks waist deep in front of the ranger station but walkable to sand on the buffalo trail from the easternmost parking. Stevenson 18 avg

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2060 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostFri Mar 13, 15 7:17 am    Re: Rooster is on! Reply with quote

macgruber wrote:
Averaging 37 at 7am 3-13-15. Rooster cam is on. Ikitesurf is on. Air temp already 55 and headed to 70. Looks waist deep in front of the ranger station but walkable to sand on the buffalo trail from the easternmost parking. Stevenson 18 avg

Buffalo trail...call it what you want, but it's part of a system of Viet Schlong trails. Coast appears it will be good sat and Sun, albeit with rain.

Good winds!

macgruber

Since 06 Dec 2011
490 Posts
SE PDX volcano
Obsessed

PostFri Mar 13, 15 9:05 am     Reply with quote

I didn't name it, there's a sign calling it that. I suppose when the water is up and it's a canal it might be nice to have a water buffalo transport your gear?

Just got here and it's looking 7m and filled in since there's a little north in it. About 3 feet of beach at the stairs so I'd say it's knee to waist deep. Perfect for a drift launch. I might set up a caribeaner too.

user124

Since 02 Aug 2012
390 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostFri Mar 13, 15 12:50 pm     Reply with quote

MacGruber, how was it? I saw the Columbia is up to 44.

I've seen that Buffalo sign. There is also a sign for "Beach Vollyball" which always evokes some unpleasant imagry.

macgruber

Since 06 Dec 2011
490 Posts
SE PDX volcano
Obsessed

PostFri Mar 13, 15 2:43 pm    Rooster 3:30 Reply with quote

I was overpowered on my 7m and surfboard but too lazy to come in and have to drift launch again. I was out from 9:30 to noon and it was averaging 35, 30-40 range. A little fluky right at the beach but good from the end of the pilings and only waist deep there. Water felt warmer than 44 but that could have been the 60 degree wind. There's 10' of beach at the bottom of the stairs but no good beach that I saw upwind, but I did see someone on a red 8m launch up there at the more popular fall spot.

Rooster 3-13-15
 Rooster 3-13-15  newgraph.gif 
Closest Stairs to Ranger Station
 Closest Stairs to Ranger Station  IMG_0869.JPG 

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1726 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostFri Mar 13, 15 7:27 pm     Reply with quote

looked at the sensor and opted for stevenson. big crowd there with foils and TTs.
6-8m wind super steady, I think the water is warming up!
got some nice line shots to share

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: