Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

2015 RPM?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostSun Mar 08, 15 12:36 pm    2015 RPM? Reply with quote

since this area is ground zero for everything Slingy, has anybody had enough time on the 2015 RPM in 9m or 10m to write about it yet?
completely unbiased, of course... Very Happy

jperry

Since 07 Nov 2008
188 Posts

Stoked

PostSun Mar 08, 15 5:44 pm     Reply with quote

So I work for slingshot. I do r an d. So the 9m and 10m are the crispiest feeling of all the sizes. They have a lighter and tighter feel then last years. We also increased the stability. You will also notice the jumping capabilitys are a lot better. Due to the stability. The stroke of the bar from power to depower is shorter. Giving you more control. The grunt is still there as well. The upwind ability is better to! I think they are a huge improvement. I was able to progress my riding a lot last summer because of the advances in the kite.

I hope you enjoy the kite.

Let us know how you feel about the kite. All the feed back we can get is greatly appreciated.

laura

Since 22 May 2007
104 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Mar 09, 15 5:26 am    10 RPM Reply with quote

i have spent a couple months on the new kites. Long enough to know that the new suspension in the bridle is everything it claims to be. Like JP said the stability and that suspension feeling when a gust hits has been my favorite part. Rock solid with all the awesome qualities it has always had but much more refined. Lighter, tighter, and a new grande valve to keep up with the jones's. Did not think that would make such a difference but clearly has.

dwaynej

Since 09 Sep 2013
207 Posts

Stoked

CGKA Member

PostMon Mar 09, 15 7:09 am     Reply with quote

Does the new bridle fit older RPM's?

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostMon Mar 09, 15 7:43 am     Reply with quote

I rec'd the email notice about the RPM's advancements and was stoked, I have been on Rallys for several years and a major reason was the pulley-less bridle. Always a nice direct feel. I haven't flown the new RPMs but can see how JP's feedback is right on.

JP what are your thoughts on the larger sizes? It would seem that without pulleys, those would also benefit, esp since bigger kites take longer to react.

jperry

Since 07 Nov 2008
188 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Mar 09, 15 4:55 pm     Reply with quote

As far as turning speed goes there is no real diffrence. It is a bit more direct and reactive to input. Less delay. I think thats what you where trying to get at.

I think the bigeest thing i liked about the bigger sizes was i felt there was more range in the kite. Also they go up wind SO SO MUCH BETTER. ha.

the new bridal was tuned to the new version of the rpm.

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Mar 10, 15 8:37 am     Reply with quote

thanks for the info.

anyone else got more?

Lurk

Since 04 Apr 2009
355 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Mar 10, 15 5:37 pm     Reply with quote

I got to try an 11m and have to agree, overall it felt pretty much the same. Not much faster but I only rode it once. Jumping still doesn't happen until the kite is lit. Maybe my view will change with more time on the kite, but I bet not.

Kinda glad in a way, hate to see them muck up a great kite, like they did the the 2012 Rally...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: