Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Eastern OR kiting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
David

Since 10 Jun 2013
11 Posts
Beaverton

PostThu Mar 05, 15 8:08 pm    Eastern OR kiting Reply with quote

What are the best kite boarding spots near Hermiston in the summer? Is there anything decent? I found a few old posts about how there aren't good spots. Is that still true? What about Irrigon?

WindSki

Since 14 Dec 2012
402 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostFri Mar 06, 15 8:13 am     Reply with quote

3 mile and rufus are the two best. You will love 3 mile for the waves !!

bulae99

Since 12 Jul 2006
1691 Posts

I give out bad advice.

PostFri Mar 06, 15 1:08 pm    Roosevelt and Arlington Reply with quote

Roosevelt is by far the best and quickest to get too. If it's blowing you can launch at Boardman, but there are stickers and it's usually worth the drive to go to Roosevelt.

3 mile is good but you better be ready confident if you go out alone. Be careful.

Freeride Kiter

Since 08 Jul 2011
698 Posts
Alaska / PNW / Baja
Instructor

PostSat Mar 07, 15 6:57 am     Reply with quote

I visit family in Irrigon through the summer and kite out East there when I can. Like stated. Boardman is doable when it's blowing but certainly not the best option. The gradient relief between 3 mile and Boardman is often too much and the wind not nearly as consistent / reliable but is a good place to practice drift launching.

3 mile was my nemesis for several years. Many times I showed up and was the only one there - I would not go out. Roosevelt is the better bet.

www.freeridekiting.com

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostSat Mar 07, 15 7:26 am     Reply with quote

I know the walla walla guys hit port kelley some times. I've hung with them at 3 mile. Not sure your experience level, but if it were me, I'd hit arlington. one of the most popular spots, roosevelt sits just on the washington side of the river from arlington. you can always find a kiter or windsurfer there to help get you on and off the water. same with rufus.
rufus, what can you say about rufus? probably one of the best spots in the gorge. worth the drive for ya!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: