Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

T-Rex sizing help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
vtkiter

Since 13 Nov 2012
23 Posts
vermont

PostMon Mar 02, 15 5:43 am    T-Rex sizing help Reply with quote

There's some great deals on last years T-Rex out there and I've decided to jump on one. Challenge is picking the best size and not having the chance to demo one. Almost all the reviews are on the 5'4 and they have been pretty glowing.
I'm 185, ride strapless (Celeritas) and have had a few shops tell me the 5'6 may be the size and some others tell me the 5'4.
As this forum is the best source for real world reports on all things Slingy can anybody offer their opinions to help muddy the waters or perhaps clear things up for me.
Thanks!

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Mar 02, 15 7:29 am     Reply with quote

need more info

what are you hoping to use it for, with the Celeritas or instead of it?
and what size is the Celeritas and do you like it?
do you use the kite just to get back out and surf with very little kite pull or do you ride powered up all the time?
is it just for waves or?

having asked all that, it will almost certainly be the 5"4" Very Happy

vtkiter

Since 13 Nov 2012
23 Posts
vermont

PostMon Mar 02, 15 8:00 am     Reply with quote

5'8 Celeritas (2010)
It will be replacing the Celery. I'm on the East coast and ride the big lake. Not alot of or regular waves here. We do get to the ocean but primary riding is lake. Powered up riding and "touring" are the intent of the purchase along with the high wind fall swell that graces the lake.

retz

Since 06 Aug 2007
130 Posts
west linn
Stoked

PostMon Mar 02, 15 8:28 am     Reply with quote

I'm 150lbs and ride a 5'8" Celeritas and the 5'2" T Rex.
The T Rex rides much larger than it's size and I love mine for light wind conditions, especially in the quad fin set up. It's insane for strapless jumping with great pop and incredible efficient for upwind ability. It rips in the waves too and just all around incredibly fun to ride. It was my go to board all last year for gorge and ocean riding, but I still ride the Celeritas in the surf when it's overhead or really clean side off conditions as it's still the better wave tool. Given you're weight, I'd say the 5'4" would be ideal. It will feel bigger than your Celeritas so keep that in mind. Enjoy!!

vtkiter

Since 13 Nov 2012
23 Posts
vermont

PostMon Mar 02, 15 9:04 am     Reply with quote

That's great feedback. Appreciate you taking the time!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: