Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

The PNW fun kite spots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Kerpella

Since 01 Aug 2014
58 Posts

PostSat Jan 10, 15 8:13 am    The PNW fun kite spots Reply with quote

Well, some of them anyways!.. I was fortunate enough to have an amazing kite season driving around with some friends, so I made a video of clips we took while out and about! Some folks are from the Karma Kiting, others from Sauvie Island Kiting, local groups. You can check out some of the great kiting spots we went to over the season that are in driving distance for PNWers. I listed them under the video. The countdown for warm sunny kite days cant end quick enough!

Keep the stoke alive,

https://vimeo.com/116419646

Enjoy Cool

macgruber

Since 06 Dec 2011
490 Posts
SE PDX volcano
Obsessed

PostSat Jan 10, 15 8:21 am    Addict? Reply with quote

Looks like someone is addicted! I'm getting my cold water gear together for an early start this year. Jones is awesome eh? Ive had great eagerly wind there too but Lot D is warmer. You can actually get some good deals to Maui on Kayak if you set an alert and can go midweek. If I didn't have school aged kids I'd be there a couple times a winter, or LaVentana....

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostSat Jan 10, 15 10:01 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for posting. Awesome to see others out with a smile on their face having awesome times. Spring is around the corner. Had many easterly days in Stevie this year but just too dam cold:-)!!

Kerpella

Since 01 Aug 2014
58 Posts

PostSat Jan 10, 15 10:28 am    I need to attend meetings.. Reply with quote

Of course addicted! Pretty hard to not be, .. The first time I planed on a board I felt it. Always wanting more Cool
I've been to Lot D a few times, but never in season so it always when it was cold as hell & never had the nerve to try it! I might now tho since you mention it. I struggle with my own problems with travel also as I am a college student that also works and sort of strapped for time off/cash that kind of thing. I am partial to Jones tho in all honestly because that is where I had my first lesson and where I spent most of the season feeding my kite junkie needs. Wink Its good tho, I recommend it!

& thanks DP but I'm not brave to bear the cold either! These are all from early September from a GoPro I hadn't touched in a while and found all those gems pf the last few times out with friends. I wish I didn't mind the cold so that wouldn't make it almost 3 months since I flew a kite today.. kinda sucky. Snowboarding just isnt as fun as I remembered it to be. Lol Smile

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2573 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostSun Jan 11, 15 12:42 pm     Reply with quote

Will pump for road hand! Cool Drunk

WindSki

Since 14 Dec 2012
402 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostSun Jan 11, 15 4:58 pm     Reply with quote

Great Vid !!!
Is it April yet? AAAaaaa

sromano1995

Since 22 May 2013
240 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostSun Jan 11, 15 8:33 pm     Reply with quote

Thumb's Up Thumb's Up Thumb's Up

Kerpella

Since 01 Aug 2014
58 Posts

PostMon Jan 12, 15 5:23 am     Reply with quote

Thanks! I know, I can't wait till next season Smile

And Serge.. Cool Cool Cool

Let's make sure we are able to get us both in the same vid this round, eh? Wink

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1726 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jan 15, 15 7:56 am    Re: The PNW fun kite spots Reply with quote

Kerpella wrote:

Keep the stoke alive,

keeping the stoke alive and well with this vid! Awesome edit of summer riding, come on sun and fun.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: