Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Shout out to peeps with Florida kiting knowledge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2058 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostWed Jan 07, 15 11:31 am    Shout out to peeps with Florida kiting knowledge Reply with quote

So I've been slowing powering my way through the Dexter tv series on Netflicks. . .

There is a shooting location on the beach (Deb's house on the beach in the later episode years of the series) where there are kites in the background. Anyone got any idea what location that is where the show was shot/where the riders are kiting?

Gman, this is up your alley for sure.

Thx.

dwaynej

Since 09 Sep 2013
207 Posts

Stoked

CGKA Member

PostWed Jan 07, 15 11:52 am     Reply with quote

Long Beach, California and specifically my local beach Belmont Shores. Certainly not Florida. Filming in the area always used to screw up beach parking so somewhat unwelcome.

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Dexter/DebsBeachHouse.shtml

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostWed Jan 07, 15 2:38 pm     Reply with quote

funny coincidence -when i kite in florida - constantly stumbling onto corpses filled with snakes

dextersnakes.jpg 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

user124

Since 02 Aug 2012
390 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostWed Jan 07, 15 4:52 pm     Reply with quote

dwaynej wrote:
Long Beach, California and specifically my local beach Belmont Shores. Certainly not Florida. Filming in the area always used to screw up beach parking so somewhat unwelcome.

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Dexter/DebsBeachHouse.shtml

Good info! Also good to know I'm not the only one that got excited seeing kites in the background during those episodes.

CrazyHerb

Since 04 Oct 2008
79 Posts
Ilwaco, WA

PostWed Jan 07, 15 10:01 pm    HA! Reply with quote

You think that's bad...I'm addicted to watching stupid HGTV Channel (BeachFront Bargain Hunt, Caribbean Life, Hawaii Life) just to watch the background for kites....LOL.
The Cabarete episode was awesome...right on Kite Beach...
Thank goodness for DVR's...

DOH!!

dyyylan

Since 14 May 2014
26 Posts
Hood River

PostThu Jan 08, 15 7:29 pm     Reply with quote

I remember watching Burn Notice (which is based in Miami) and seeing kiters all the time during those quick shots between scenes. I think they keep using the same clips though, because it's not windy that often in FL Laughing

1surfer

Since 20 Apr 2010
354 Posts
'Ualapu'e / High Rockies
Obsessed

PostSun Jan 11, 15 10:31 am    Florida Reply with quote

Most of the beach scenes and boat scenes are Long Beach Cal. I would go to Long Beach to kite in a heart beat over Floriduh.

This is just my opinion, but we had a waterfront house in Jupiter Floriduh and we sold it because nobody in my family ever wants to go there again. While I do have a couple of close friends in Floriduh, not a big fan of that state nor the people.

Super strange place. If you are a fan of gold chains and Rolex watches, it may be the place for you.

There are like a million better places to go kite.

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostSun Jan 11, 15 12:58 pm     Reply with quote

Bow to the shiny Ferrari !

image.jpg 
Should of been here Tuesday - Palm Beach
 Should of been here Tuesday - Palm Beach  image.jpg 
   image.jpg 
   image.jpg 
   image.jpg 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: