Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Best Monthly Rate in Cabarete ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Captain

Since 20 Apr 2014
8 Posts

Kook

PostSun Dec 21, 14 3:36 pm    Best Monthly Rate in Cabarete ? Reply with quote

Looking for ANY info on the DR.
My main objective: kite and surf
Girlfriend: SUP and yoga
11 year old daughter: wants to learn to kite and will be happy with a air mat on the floor

BigR

Since 05 Jul 2005
372 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostSun Dec 21, 14 8:50 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
Looking for ANY info on the DR.
My main objective: kite and surf
Girlfriend: SUP and yoga
11 year old daughter: wants to learn to kite and will be happy with a air mat on the floor

Your not giving much specifics like time of year etc.

But I can say this much, if all you want is a place to sleep close to surf and kite/ SUP Yoga, then yes, you can do it for $40 a day with another $5 food.

$1 each way also takes care of transport (your life may be at risk)

I recc this mode of transport.

I also usually splurge on AC and a place @ kitebeach ($80 a night).

Meals are $3 for a big chicken dinner and up depending on where or how much you want to spend and maybe $2 for breakfast to $4 again depending.

Probably Playa Encuentro is where you will find cheap no frill lodging and surf SUP Yoga and then slum down on a motoconcho to Cabarete for cheap food and kitesurfing

Captain

Since 20 Apr 2014
8 Posts

Kook

PostSun Dec 21, 14 10:50 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the info BigR! I'll take a look at Playa Encuentro

It will be March. Again I'm not looking for a daily ripoff rate just to lay my head down at night. I've heard of monthly rentals in Cabarete for $500 a month. Nothing fancy just a clean two bedroom small house. Am I a bit off? Has anyone stayed a block or two off of the tourist lane? AND has anyone done a monthly rental here? As of now it's just 3 of us, but this could easily turn into a larger goup.

$2500.00 a month for a big place split 8 ways is pretty cheap. Anyone have a month???

lubomm

Since 15 Aug 2007
247 Posts
Hood
Stoked

PostMon Dec 22, 14 12:03 am     Reply with quote

I spent 6 months in Cabarete in 2006. I stayed at Residencia Dominicana, a 2-3 star hotel in the back of the town, 10 min to the beach. It was about $300-350 for a double room per month. It was more than enough for a single kite bum.
A friend of mine went there in 2010 and met on the beach Laurel Eastman owner of LEK. He rented the room in her condo close to beach for about 400 per month. Maybe you can contact her at her school and ask, you never know.
I have heard of some "Surf Camps" in Cabarete and Enquentro that seem to offer good long term deals. Good luck.

loupiot77

Since 22 Jun 2010
43 Posts
Cabarete Dominican Republic

PostMon Dec 22, 14 5:05 am     Reply with quote

hey complet info for Cabarete Wink

http://www.funtrips-dr.com/

Very Happy

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1471 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostMon Dec 22, 14 10:38 am     Reply with quote

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Cabarete--Dominican-Republic?checkin=03%2F02%2F2015&checkout=03%2F31%2F2015&ss_id=zty2kia6#

Captain

Since 20 Apr 2014
8 Posts

Kook

PostMon Dec 22, 14 1:53 pm     Reply with quote

loupiot77, Ldhr, lubomm

Thank you all for the leads!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: