Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Shipping to La Ventana

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
gnac

Since 05 Sep 2014
66 Posts
Husum

PostTue Nov 04, 14 2:01 pm    Shipping to La Ventana Reply with quote

I'm traveling to LV for the first time this year and would like some info on shipping or renting.

I've read some other threads on this forum where most of the replies say to search the forum. I have and the answers said to search he forum ...

So I've heard ups ground, but ups ground website can't find La Ventana, La Paz or even Cabo.

I've got a big ass mako king which makes this more fun, ie it's not going on the airplane at $100 each way, I'm flying Spirit airlines.

Other thoughts would be to rent or buy a cheep board in LV.

Anyone shopped to LV? Anyone driving to LV with room for an extra board?

Thanks,

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostTue Nov 04, 14 2:38 pm     Reply with quote

Dates? If you make it easy for me with a 1-5 or 205 off-ramp transfer I am driving through on Dec 27th for a 4 day burn to LV. I have room on my roof-rack with 2 other boards. Board bag? If this works for you, PM me. Kip

gnac

Since 05 Sep 2014
66 Posts
Husum

PostTue Nov 04, 14 3:47 pm     Reply with quote

Ahh, thanks Kip. I forgot an important piece of information, dates.

I'll be arriving in LV on the 18th, leaving the 30th.

I do have people living in LV that could hold the board for me if anyone happens to be arriving sooner than the 18th.

Anthony

Since 07 Oct 2008
362 Posts
Salem
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostTue Nov 04, 14 4:05 pm     Reply with quote

Spirit Air Ouch! Sorry. If you traveling light they are great.

Bag charge to death!!

http://www.spirit.com/OptionalServices

It is just easier to use Alaska.

Jimbo

Since 16 Jul 2009
58 Posts
Seattle

PostTue Nov 04, 14 4:39 pm     Reply with quote

I feel your pain. The Airlines really have us by the short hairs on this stuff. I mean $100 each way really eats into my cerveza money down there. I see that the Mako King is 165cm and must be too big to fit in a golf bag huh?

Here is my strategy; I want a directional for riding at the Bufador so I bought a used ($100 w/o fins) Airush Converse 6' directional surfboard for my trip this year and I'm going to pay the $100 to get it down there. I'll ride it for my 8 days down there and I'll advertise it in the Ventana View and sell it for what I can get for it when I'm done with my trip from 12/25 to 1/3. So if you know anyone who is going to be down there and wants a surfboard w/o fins for cheap then hit me up. I'll be done with it on 1/2/2015. I figure this board might as well live out the rest of its life down there. Since I bought it for $100 and it will cost me another $100 to get it there, it doesn't make sense to spend another $100 to get it home. That would be $300 invested in a $100 used board.

My hope is I'll meet someone who will hold onto it for me for future trips and I won't have to do this dance again.

Be Stoked!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: