Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

South Pacific Kiteboarding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Youkai

Since 08 Feb 2010
553 Posts
Beaverton
Addicted

PostSat Nov 01, 14 1:04 pm    South Pacific Kiteboarding Reply with quote

I'll be going on a honeymoon in June/July. I can kiteboard but my fiance is still learning. I was thinking if we went to one of those tropical locations where there is a lot of waist high water that would be a great place for her to get comfortable kiteboarding. Are there any Kiteboarding destinations like that in the South Pacific? We are thinking Bora Bora or Fiji at the moment.

Also for someone who has never traveled and kiteboarded before what are our options? I know I've seen posts in the past about boards on planes and I don't think I want to deal with that (unless the rules have changed). Would it still be worth taking our Kites/Harnesses or would we just rent all the gear there?

ShiverMeTimbers

Since 26 Feb 2013
381 Posts
Gig Harbor
Obsessed

PostSat Nov 01, 14 4:15 pm     Reply with quote

Fiji would be great that time of year. If you have the $$, stay at Namotu. It is next door to Tavarua but cheaper and not as snooty.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: