Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Ponds on Sunday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostFri Oct 31, 14 1:58 pm    Ponds on Sunday Reply with quote

Anybody going to hit Lot D on Sunday? Forecast is looking better as of this afternoon. I'm going to watch it in the morning and leave about 11am if it is looking good.

Quote:
S wind 15 to 20 kt...rising to 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves 5 ft. W swell 6 ft at 10 seconds. Chance of rain.

CrazyHerb

Since 04 Oct 2008
79 Posts
Ilwaco, WA

PostFri Oct 31, 14 5:27 pm     Reply with quote

Short drive for me...will keep an eye out...might be fun!
Otherwise, if it stays South might just play in Chinook.

kochease

Since 03 Jul 2008
760 Posts
In Ft. Stevens, OR
Opinionated

PostSat Nov 01, 14 8:19 am     Reply with quote

Never played in Chinook though I have scouted it for years and check it out everytime I drive by it. Hope to hit it soon.

CrazyHerb;
Where is the best place to launch in chinook? I've considered the park, has grass but those power lines are awefully close.
Do you wait for a certain tide?
Some of those pilings are under water at high tide, I would hate to boost land on one of those...

I am open to hitting the ponds. I'm doing a gearhart downwinder with a couple buds in the afternoon, a double session could be fun. Ponds in the morning and ocean in afternoon.
Will probably wake up and run down to the ponds and check it out if I see wind outside my house. Twisted Evil

Will give a onsite report since both good Astoria sensors are down and out again Mad Mad Mad

https://www.air-pirate.com

*CALL: 503-791-7372 *

Occupied Columbia

Since 12 Nov 2011
376 Posts
Columbia City
Obsessed

PostSat Nov 01, 14 2:14 pm    sunset to shipwreck Reply with quote

A few of us were planning to hit sunset to shipwreck Sunday. If anyone is up for shuttle sharing we would like to bring just one rig.
We,ve tried scoping a spot in chinook to launch. We tried once at low tide and it was nothing but mud. Any beta on a Chinook launch would be appreciated.

CrazyHerb

Since 04 Oct 2008
79 Posts
Ilwaco, WA

PostSat Nov 01, 14 7:18 pm    Chinook Reply with quote

Kochease,
(Chinook) Go North of the park (But just South of the port) to Olsen St. (Looks like a driveway but is access to the little beach. Neighbors are friendly and enjoy seeing us goofballs splash around.
I stay plenty clear of the pilings...and the beach gets really small at high tide but have been out in all tides.

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostSun Nov 02, 14 9:07 am     Reply with quote

No wind yet and the sensors off of ikitesurf.com are down. The cam in the seaside cove shows calm but, according to NOAA it's coming:

Quote:
Today SW wind 15 to 20 kt. Gusts 25 kt. Wind waves 4 ft. W swell 6 ft at 10 seconds. Occasional rain.
Tonight SW wind 15 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt early... Then wind SW 10 to 15 kt. Wind waves 3 ft. NW swell 9 ft at 11 seconds. Rain at times.

I am planning on leaving about 10:30 from PDX. Low tide is at 4pm so, should have a good 2+ hours of water.

kt

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostTue Nov 04, 14 8:04 am     Reply with quote

I made it out and rode from 12:30 - 3. Water was low and wind was gusty but, butter flat and plenty warm.

kt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: