Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Lyle beach cleanup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Anaidioschrono

Since 06 Oct 2014
2 Posts
Hood River

PostMon Oct 20, 14 3:16 pm    Lyle beach cleanup Reply with quote

A few of us are headed to Lyle this evening to try and remove as much debris from the shallow water as possible. There has been a half dozen or so partially submerged logs for the entire season, and now that the water is low enough, we're going to try and remove them. We have a chainsaw and dolly (to drag the log fragments).

If you feel inspired, come down to help out anytime between now and dark. Bring a chainsaw if you have one.

bravozulu

Since 09 Oct 2014
2 Posts

PostMon Oct 20, 14 10:30 pm     Reply with quote

Update: a couple of the major snags have been chopped up and relocated to high ground. All needs to be moved inland. More similar fun tomorrow afternoon.

Marmot

Since 08 Aug 2007
99 Posts
Lyle, WA

PostTue Oct 21, 14 8:52 pm     Reply with quote

Depending on weather (rain), I'll be out there everyday whilst the water level stays low.

bravozulu

Since 09 Oct 2014
2 Posts

PostWed Oct 22, 14 9:36 am     Reply with quote

There are two dollies for anyone's use that I'll leave down there for the week. The current best idea for what to do with all the wood is to burn it; which means keeping it consolidated to two piles that have been started would be ideal.

Anaidioschrono

Since 06 Oct 2014
2 Posts
Hood River

PostThu Oct 23, 14 12:16 pm     Reply with quote

I'm all for burning it this weekend, if the weather and waterlogged wood permits. We still have some serious carting to do for the far south log and haven't even started on the last couple larger logs on the far north side. I can't come tonight or tomorrow night, but Saturday day is a possibility.

Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
144 Posts

Stoked

PostSat Oct 25, 14 7:28 am    8 am sat update Reply with quote

I'm looking at it right now, looks dry enough, let's get it done today and use the sandbar for the nuker tomorrow!!! I doubt that stuff will burn,let's try to get some going, if not we'll need lots of manpower to move it off. See you all there by 10 am.V

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: