Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

The BH Snowkite Summit...Anyone drive out (16hrs)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
buttersmoothcarver

Since 08 Oct 2008
246 Posts

Stoked

PostFri Oct 17, 14 6:37 pm    The BH Snowkite Summit...Anyone drive out (16hrs)? Reply with quote

I really hate planning snowkite trips, with all of the "out of your control" logistics. In the past anytime I've made the effort an unforgettable adventure unfolds good or bad. My moto is if you know what you're doing, 85% of the time it will be good, 10% will be ok, and 5% will be horrible. Last year the JHK organized a great little event out in the BigHorn Nation Forest. I'd like to go back, again. After seeing the terrain I'm going to tow my Snowmobile out. I'm looking for two maybe three seasoned snowkiters that want to rally from HR area for 9-10 days and drive 16 hrs out to Wyoming for Dec 1-7th event. Maybe even hitting Camas Prairie, ID for and afternoon. If you're interested, you need to make reservation ASAP with lodge. It will be tight this year. Please PM for more information. I did rough estimate and gas worked out to $666.00/3=$222, lodging $60-75 a night include three full meals.

I need a plan by Oct 30th,

Wyoming High Country Lodge (307) 529-0914
JHmountainkite.com for more info on event.

IMG_4472.JPG
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  IMG_4472.JPG
 Filesize:  1.41 MB
 Downloaded:  385 Time(s)
 Note:  Use Pixlr to resize images to lower than 1024x768 resolution so they show up inline.

Brad Gordon

Thermal Foundation
www.snowkiteadventures.com
text 2063000450

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostFri Oct 17, 14 7:04 pm     Reply with quote

sic pic!!!!!

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostSun Oct 19, 14 5:51 am     Reply with quote

Dang!!! I wish I wasn't in Mexico for this. Grrrrr Get on-board and ride ride ride with B-Rad. Guaranteed fun times if you have the vacation days. I once went to Montana Snowkite Fest... unfortunately the wind was mas o menos a bust. But with 10 or 12 of us we had an epic time with too many whiskey bottles. Fond memories.

luke

Since 06 Jul 2005
399 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Oct 19, 14 8:47 am    Wyoming! Reply with quote

Yeah Brad. The Big Horn mountains are awesome. Monica and I were out there last Christmas and we will be going back for sure. Here's what it looks like:

G0010096 (640x480).jpg 
   DSC00635 (640x539).jpg 
   Cap4 (2) (640x460).jpg 
   Capture9 (640x382).jpg 

buttersmoothcarver

Since 08 Oct 2008
246 Posts

Stoked

PostSat Oct 25, 14 3:06 pm    TDI towing a 1500lb trailer Reply with quote

Scott's in and willing to drive his TDI. Problem is now I don't think his car can tow my all wood enclosed trailer (1200-1500lbs). Anybody got a lite aluminum or small utility trailer I could use, Nov 30-Dec 7th? I'll repack grease in the axles for yeah.

Brad Gordon

Thermal Foundation
www.snowkiteadventures.com
text 2063000450

AKkiter

Since 31 Aug 2008
181 Posts
Montavilla
Stoked

PostWed Oct 29, 14 5:23 pm     Reply with quote

Brad-
Trailer I have! 5x10 would work great for one sled and a shit ton of gear!
I am also looking at going to this event but have no snowmachine......yet at least!
BTW- I met you in Valdez at TPSF in 2012. You probably don't remember, anyway I and another NWkiter are keen to go. Called the lodge and theres still some spots, but I am worried about transportation to and from the yurt/lodge to the kite site- how far is it?
Is it skinable or would a sled be the best, or is there other means?

waynepjh

Since 27 Jul 2008
212 Posts
jackson wy
Stoked

PostWed Oct 29, 14 8:40 pm     Reply with quote

I hope you can make it! The lodge will have 2 snowcats, snowmobile and a tracked side by side for transportation. It's a 10-15 min sled ride to the lodge. 30-40 min skin. You can launch your kite after only a 10-15 min skin down the road there it opens up and you can kite to all the kiting zones and lodge. There will be lots of options for rides this year. The big horns have good wind and terrain that's rideable in all wind directions. Great speed flying/soaring spots too! The food that the lodge provides will blow your mind! This event is free and focused on fun and progression. Pull out all the stops and join us!

AKkiter

Since 31 Aug 2008
181 Posts
Montavilla
Stoked

PostThu Oct 30, 14 9:17 am     Reply with quote

I am more than stoked to get out there.... been watching the vids coming out of your neck of the woods and am super excited!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: