Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

any wind on the coast this weekend?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Oct 09, 14 8:44 am    any wind on the coast this weekend? Reply with quote

staying at Seaside so wondering if I should bring gear. Ikite doesn't look hopeful Crying or Very sad

Aeolus

Since 20 Apr 2010
354 Posts
Gold Beach, OR
OR-SoCo-Aficionado

PostThu Oct 09, 14 10:10 am     Reply with quote

mm5 is showing weak conditions for the north coast this weekend but the south coast looks like it may deliver north wind 8m conditions with 8 building to 11 @17 and no rain. High chance of hyperventilation.

Kraemer

Since 24 Apr 2006
1735 Posts
Sky Pilot
Unicorn Captain

PostThu Oct 09, 14 10:11 am     Reply with quote

http://www.oregonsurfcheck.com/

Friday Night: SW wind 5 to 10 kt. W swell 3 ft at 16 seconds ... building to 5 ft at 20 seconds after midnight.
Saturday: SW wind 5 to 10 kt ... veering to NW in the afternoon. W swell 8 ft at 19 seconds.
Saturday Night: N wind 5 to 10 kt. gusts to 15 kt in the evening. W swell 12 ft at 17 seconds.

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostThu Oct 09, 14 10:53 am     Reply with quote

Swim training Thumb's Up

12ft @ 18 sec

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Oct 09, 14 11:50 am     Reply with quote

thanks guys

Gman wrote:
Swim training Thumb's Up

12ft @ 18 sec
more like underwater hockey training Wink

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostThu Oct 09, 14 4:36 pm     Reply with quote

Friday afternoon could deliver a southerly sesh

With these shifty patterns you never know...and you can't let a little rain stop you.

jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Oct 10, 14 9:59 am     Reply with quote

off topic I guess but if the wind doesn't arrive I am thinking of trying surfing on the smaller inside breaks. its calling for big swell this weekend, will the inside be manageable? anyone recommend a place to get lessons in seaside?

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostFri Oct 10, 14 12:11 pm     Reply with quote

jerp wrote:
off topic I guess but if the wind doesn't arrive I am thinking of trying surfing on the smaller inside breaks. its calling for big swell this weekend, will the inside be manageable? anyone recommend a place to get lessons in seaside?

It appears there should be some wind tonight and again on Monday:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?minlon=-125&maxlon=-120.8&minlat=43.39&maxlat=46.91&mapwidth=354&site=pqr&zmx=1&zmy=1&map.x=120&map.y=103

As for getting surf lessons, call Cleanline surf shop and Josh should be able to line you up w/a teacher recommendation and rental gear if you need it.

It appears the little surf 3' swell will be taking steroids today and will grow up to
11'. The inside should have foamy reformed waves, but those tend to be more "mushburgers" ie less clean and tend to be closeouts.[url][/url]

jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Oct 10, 14 1:16 pm     Reply with quote

thanks for the info. I might fire a kite in the air tonight, I assume I would need to drive to Fort Stevens to hit southerlies and that seaside won't work.

I will give Cleanline a call also. just looking for some adult fun in the ocean and thought it might be a good time to try surfing.

thanks again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: