Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Craigslist
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Mpedwards

Since 11 Sep 2014
12 Posts
United States

PostWed Sep 24, 14 7:23 am    Craigslist Reply with quote

I believe that I have found my board on craigslist, any advice??/ Any portland Kiters want to help me liberate it? I've already filed a police report and will most probably call them if I see my serial number on the board.
Last edited by Mpedwards on Wed Sep 24, 14 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total

deminimis

Since 15 Jul 2014
326 Posts
On the Rocks
Obsessed

PostWed Sep 24, 14 7:38 am     Reply with quote

You should try PPB, but I seriously doubt they will take much of an interest in conducting a CL sting for a board. Then again, maybe not. Having someone else go (civilian) to try and get it is asking a lot of someone (considering the type of person he/she may be dealing with). I'd see what PPB has to say and go from there. Good luck.

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostWed Sep 24, 14 8:13 am     Reply with quote

Tried the police in Tacoma Wa for Tonia's LF gear. No dice. In my final digest on this my opinion is: Arrange a safe public place to view the gear (Like a 7/11 parking lot). Find several large stature common sense friends. These would be friends who make no intention to: beat-up, pull a gun, get loud, etc. As you meet this guy, your friends all stand near you. Now verbally confront the guy. If he is a nut case and this goes south... just give it up. It's only a material toy and not worth your well being/health.
Good Luck.
PS, The guy I met who had Tonia's gear was a total wimp and could have been very easily overpowered with only words (and a visibility of large friends/force). I came unprepared.

OG

Since 07 Jun 2011
535 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Sep 24, 14 9:23 am     Reply with quote

this guys knew what he was doing, looks like he's a local too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhIBWnUHrfw

beech

Since 21 Aug 2010
483 Posts
Longview, WA
Obsessed

PostWed Sep 24, 14 9:49 am     Reply with quote

just make sure you can prove that its yours if you try to take it back. fairly easy if u bought it new and have receipt etc. a bit harder if u bought used with no paperwork. good luck!

Anthony

Since 07 Oct 2008
362 Posts
Salem
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostWed Sep 24, 14 10:33 am     Reply with quote

How much paper work do we really need? I have taken several photos of each kite. and serial number and put into a word file. Then made a pdf of it. Except for two new kites the rest are used.

beech

Since 21 Aug 2010
483 Posts
Longview, WA
Obsessed

PostWed Sep 24, 14 10:47 am     Reply with quote

just sayin be confident u can prove it us yours reasonably. thief will prolly just relent without a fuss, no police involvement. but remember u r dealing with a thief who will lie and lie and lie to cover his a$$

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostWed Sep 24, 14 12:20 pm     Reply with quote

Anthony wrote:
How much paper work do we really need? I have taken several photos of each kite. and serial number and put into a word file. Then made a pdf of it. Except for two new kites the rest are used.

Serial Numbers is all you need. When I got my 2009 Helix kites (all 5 of them) stolen from my garage here in Tacoma, the first thing the TPD said was "Can I see your serial numbers?" I didn't think to save anything, and in my above mention of Tonya's gear there also were no serial numbers available.
I photo mine now (the #'s), save image to a private cloud along with many good images of the gear in general.

undertow

Since 15 Feb 2008
371 Posts
BeaversBurg
Obsessed

PostWed Sep 24, 14 12:51 pm     Reply with quote

For what it's worth, in my situation, stolen boards on craigslist. I gave the police a chance, and never heard from them again.

Mpedwards

Since 11 Sep 2014
12 Posts
United States

PostWed Sep 24, 14 12:52 pm     Reply with quote

So for anyone interested, I went with 3 big guys to back me up. I called the cops on non-emergency in the AM and they came round and talked to me.

They told me to call 911 15 minutes before he showed up with my board and they would wait round the corner for me to make contact. I called the guy and he showed me the board and immediately the cop came round the corner and made sure that I got my property back.

I now have my board!

Blazeheliski

Since 30 Mar 2011
655 Posts
Mosier
Addicted

PostWed Sep 24, 14 12:54 pm     Reply with quote

nice!

Freeride Kiter

Since 08 Jul 2011
698 Posts
Alaska / PNW / Baja
Instructor

PostWed Sep 24, 14 1:12 pm     Reply with quote

Thumbs Up!

www.freeridekiting.com

beech

Since 21 Aug 2010
483 Posts
Longview, WA
Obsessed

PostWed Sep 24, 14 1:29 pm     Reply with quote

did the thief get arrested?

Mpedwards

Since 11 Sep 2014
12 Posts
United States

PostWed Sep 24, 14 1:37 pm     Reply with quote

The police wrote him up and I actually told him not to press charges I was just happy to get my board back.

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostWed Sep 24, 14 1:54 pm     Reply with quote

Thumb's Up Glad it all worked out.

dangler

Since 26 Feb 2006
1744 Posts
WINDY SPOTS
XTreme Poster

PostWed Sep 24, 14 2:13 pm    why Reply with quote

not doing any favors for all the people that get robbed by this douche subsequently. oh wait, was this a board u lost? this poor bugger found it? was your name on it?

So many unanswered questions, what's the story???

Mpedwards

Since 11 Sep 2014
12 Posts
United States

PostWed Sep 24, 14 3:23 pm     Reply with quote

I had a board stolen out of my car separately from the lost board. Somebody got my green card and cards too, this guy didn't seem to be the one who stole the board, he was just unlucky or just really sneaky.

He said he'd found this board and was just trying to make a quick buck. Regardless, I just wanted to be done with all of this and kite.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: