Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Feliz Navidad!!! LV 12/25 to 1/3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Jimbo

Since 16 Jul 2009
58 Posts
Seattle

PostTue Sep 23, 14 10:08 am    Feliz Navidad!!! LV 12/25 to 1/3 Reply with quote

Feliz Navidad!!!

We just booked our trip to LV for 12/25 to 1/3. That leaves 8 days of possible kiting. Anyone else going to be down there at that time? Down-winders, Coastal trips, Cerritos surfing, Bufador wave kiting runs, Pablo's margaritas and watching the Seahawks/Rams game at Bandido in Spanish on 12/28...who is in?

I'm buying a usable surfboard for $100 and bringing it down too. I was thinking I'd either sell it down there or leave it for some folks to use rather than incurring the Airline fee back. Anyone willing to babysit and use a surfboard in LV after 1/3? We can maybe work something out.

Be Stoked!!!!

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostTue Sep 23, 14 10:14 am     Reply with quote

I sold my LF Surf many years ago by advertising on the Ventana View email list-serve newsletter. I think it was gone in 1 day.... and maybe I broke even (which is very rare for me). PM or contact me for Ventana View details.
Kip

Freeride Kiter

Since 08 Jul 2011
698 Posts
Alaska / PNW / Baja
Instructor

PostTue Sep 23, 14 2:06 pm     Reply with quote

December 27th thru January 14th. Hope to extend and participate in LOTW again which is on the books for January 15th ~ 18th. in LB

www.freeridekiting.com

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostTue Sep 23, 14 3:54 pm     Reply with quote

See you there, Jan 1-Feb 1. Available for daily Hot Springs down-winder runs as I will have my car with me. In February taking the BCFerry to the mainland.
Hasta Pronto,
Kip
Edit:
Or.... If you want to run over to LB maybe we'll go. (Share pesos for petrol)

Jimbo

Since 16 Jul 2009
58 Posts
Seattle

PostMon Jan 05, 15 9:21 am     Reply with quote

Travelers to LV. I just got done staying at Villa Paraiso. My review of it is this. It is still very much a construction zone so watch where you step. It might be a good idea to get your tetanus shot updated in case you trip on the many stairs and poke yourself with an exposed piece of re-bar or a rusty nail.

The rooms were ok but the hot water can be an issue. The staff is pretty non-existent. There is a community kitchen but it isn't supposed to be used by the guests. We just used it anyway but the staff would make a mess and then just leave it. The restaurant has been shuttered so you are forced to eat elsewhere. I was looking forward to the pools they have there...nevermind...they aren't heated so they would be great in the summer but not at all worthy in the winter kiting months. The rooms have a nice view and there is beach access but there are a ton of stairs so plan accordingly. Location is good, with it being half way between LV and El Sargento.

All in all I would NOT stay there again. I would only stay there if it was a last available room. With all my negative comments about the hotel, I will say that the hotel didn't ruin our trip in any way at all. We had a great time and were comfortable in our room. The room was made up every day, we got fresh towels and the staff were friendly when we did see them. They even shared their fish tacos with me that they were bbq'ing on New Year's day. It isn't the staff's fault the place is only just below so-so. It just seems to be a place that was built but not very well planned out.

I kited 6 of 8 available kite days on this trip. I even scored a nice session in Los Barriles on the way to the Airport. It was great trip.

Be Stoked!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: