Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Foil Boards
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostThu Sep 25, 14 7:03 am     Reply with quote

blowhard wrote:
up to the usual

Not really Blowhard, in fact I'm working hard to ignore the ankle biters....

If you're referring to Walter “Insta-GaToR” Young that is for sure, he clearly is back at his game and again, I'm working hard to not bite on his bait...

Good winds to you!

UPWIND LAUNCH OF A SPORT

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostThu Sep 25, 14 12:07 pm     Reply with quote

J.P. wrote:
blowhard wrote:
up to the usual

Not really Blowhard, in fact I'm working hard to ignore the ankle biters....

If you're referring to Walter “Insta-GaToR” Young that is for sure, he clearly is back at his game and again, I'm working hard to not bite on his bait...

Yeah JP...you don't bait at all. Rolling Eyes

J.P. wrote:
I strongly encourage all to ignore the forum ass hat that are not foiling, Yo ass hat, who’s going to hold your $100 bet until it finds itself into my hands?

You brought it front and center and then deleted your race dictator bs basically banning Walt while pushing for a reaction. Walt checks your shit so now you have to come up with winners like this;

J.P. wrote:
Seems I was a tad off of line the vision... Embarassed Embarassed

Foil-fest WA 2014 is a grassroots invitational style event celebrating all things kitefoil and inline and homage of the first kiteboard socials documented in UPWIND LAUNCH OF A SPORT

Good luck with your Evangelist reinvention. Jim and Tammy Faye would be proud.

Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1831 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member

PostThu Sep 25, 14 2:30 pm     Reply with quote

Ok, ok, ok...
So, now, bringing it all the way back to Skipjacks original intent for this post.
No more Wally and JP comments.

Back to Foilboarding.
From the local Hood River standpoint there is a good buzz on this, but most of us are still in the super noobie rookie phase of our skill levels and need more time to get dialed, but we have all had a taste of the unicorn magic known as foilboarding.

Now, as for an event where us wannabe foilers could be around other foilboarders, mainly ones that can actually do real foilboarding maneuvers and transitions, would this Seattle Foil/race event be something fun enough for people like us to attend and get our foil buzz?

I would honestly be scared to foil around other foilers. I could kinda hold my own on my Sector 60 around a racecourse, but when I'm on a foil, noooo way!

www.Purestokesports.com

JonMalmberg

Since 15 Aug 2011
340 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Sep 25, 14 4:06 pm     Reply with quote

Pepi... Remind to stay off the forums...
Last edited by JonMalmberg on Sat Sep 27, 14 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostThu Sep 25, 14 10:28 pm     Reply with quote

JonMalmberg wrote:
Pepi,
Foil is packed in the truck right now... Looks like this weekend could be good times for the strange new device...
Jon

Time to get the foil face on! Very Happy

Sella wrote:

Good luck with your Evangelist reinvention. Jim and Tammy Faye would be proud.

There’s no reinvention, after 15 years in the sport its come around.
In 1999-2000, after 10 years of gorge high wind bump&jum|wave windsurfing I dropped it for kiting and told a couple people in this thread, interesting ditch the polesurfing gear, start kiting now and get on the bow wave…. Most of the people I told at the time laughed at me, yet when I look around these days, they've come around.....
Beware of the forum ‘labelers’ their personal politics...
and get on this bow wave, there’s still time if you ‘paddle hard’ Wink

Pepi wrote:
Now, as for an event where us wannabe foilers could be around other foilboarders, mainly ones that can actually do real foilboarding maneuvers and transitions, would this Seattle Foil/race event be something fun enough for people like us to attend and get our foil buzz?

Absolutely!
As you know, I'm a windsnob and prefer steady wind.
I ride in Squamtom home of steadiest wind in the region.
Watching|riding around the group of regular weekend riders who have it down has been a huge benefit to me this season. The venue will be large where you need not worry of getting in the way.

UPWIND LAUNCH OF A SPORT

radam

Since 26 Aug 2009
6 Posts

Kook

PostFri Sep 26, 14 6:55 am     Reply with quote

holy moley kiteman, Jon BamBam Malmberg got a foil??? Now that is proof this shot is going absolutely viral! I never read or post on forums anymore, but a unicorn came to my window on a foil last night and screamed "Get up, you freak, BamBam got a foil!!"

Clearly foilboarding is making in-roads where raceboarding did NOT. Proof: Bambam is converted... this guy would not touch a race board, and here he is riding one of these carbon weed whackers.

I want to foil with Stringy, Bambam and Pepi! Hmm, now where and when is this event again...? Stay tuned folks, beep beep! javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')

I nominate Wally for co- race director!

The wild thing about foilboarding is that we could just organize a parade and all walk our foilboards down main street in HR, call it a parade, and people would think it's some sort of BM decompression art installation event...

No seriously, I entered my first foilboard race in SF. Talk about freakin wild... 40 guys on foils on the start line looks totally trippy - you could hear a whisper on the water because they are all so silent, just a light hiss of the stems parting the water surface. Except for Chip screaming at me "Dude, get out of my way!!!" Participating in my first race extended my performance range so much just by virtue of the fact that I made it around a 2 mile course. I felt like a champ just completing the course and coming in on the trailing edge of the fleet, ya sweet man! Very Happy

Btw, foilboarding has opened N lake washington and other un-kiteable locations. I now regularly kite by my house from Sail Sandpoint on my way up to Kenmore...foilboarding just increased the value of my home by about $50k to me as I now launch at Matthews beach 2 min from my house...seriously epic!

On another subject, the airtime hucking in 10 knots of wind is crazy!

later

JonMalmberg

Since 15 Aug 2011
340 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Sep 26, 14 7:35 am     Reply with quote

Last edited by JonMalmberg on Sat Sep 27, 14 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Sep 26, 14 9:20 am     Reply with quote

JonMalmberg wrote:

Hard to not get into it when your roommate is Liquid Force's Brandon Sheid...

Well, the next time he heads to Squamton, you should put yourself in his car with the foils.... as you know he's a fan of it's wind Very Happy

You'll wanna pack the PG, & speed wings as well, once you look at the Chief, you'll be bouncing off the walls until you jump it. Very Happy not sure if your wing suit would work there but the spit is an obvious LZ if you can.

UPWIND LAUNCH OF A SPORT

JonMalmberg

Since 15 Aug 2011
340 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Sep 26, 14 2:52 pm     Reply with quote

Last edited by JonMalmberg on Sat Sep 27, 14 7:55 am; edited 2 times in total

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Sep 26, 14 3:03 pm     Reply with quote

JonMalmberg wrote:
and definitely ain't no Europe...

glad I didn't suggest it! Very Happy

UPWIND LAUNCH OF A SPORT

JonMalmberg

Since 15 Aug 2011
340 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Sep 26, 14 3:07 pm     Reply with quote

Last edited by JonMalmberg on Sat Sep 27, 14 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Sep 26, 14 3:21 pm     Reply with quote

JonMalmberg wrote:

What? You think that you have suddenly discovered Nirvana up there and need to .

Jon
No sudden discovery, I started riding it in 2001 after meeting Chris Glaisser & crew in the DR, and well, in the all the years haven't seen you on the spit.

Bringing us back on topic, Squamish's steady wind is a delight on a foil, come check it out! Very Happy

UPWIND LAUNCH OF A SPORT

Last edited by J.P. on Fri Sep 26, 14 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostSat Sep 27, 14 8:13 am     Reply with quote

Bammers,

Where'd your posts go?
I see pskite behaviors, post and pull, are alive a we'll on NWkite....

UPWIND LAUNCH OF A SPORT

user124

Since 02 Aug 2012
390 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostSat Sep 27, 14 9:37 am     Reply with quote

this thread is sofa king we todd did

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2023 Posts

Windward

PostSat Sep 27, 14 11:36 am     Reply with quote

blowhard wrote:
up to the usual

BeerKite

Since 29 Mar 2011
471 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Sep 27, 14 12:30 pm     Reply with quote

I agree with User 124 because this thread has nothing to do with Foil boards anymore and I have no idea what he/she is talking about.

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostSat Sep 27, 14 1:20 pm     Reply with quote

Must be no wind around here cause too much testosterone on the forum instead of the water!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: