Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Slingshot surfboards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Mrlaroo

Since 02 Jan 2007
181 Posts
Bend
Stoked

PostThu Sep 18, 14 8:25 pm    Slingshot surfboards Reply with quote

So I am going to pick up a 2014 t-rex or the 2015 angry swallow and was wondering if it was worth the extra $ to get the angry swallow. They say they changed the nose a bit and also the new fin setup but for the most part the boards seems identical. So Is it worth the extra $ to get the 2015 Angry Swallow, you guys ridden these to compare? Thanks for any feedback guys.

dangler

Since 26 Feb 2006
1748 Posts
WINDY SPOTS
XTreme Poster

PostThu Sep 18, 14 9:44 pm    HAHAHA Reply with quote

IS IT WORTH THE EXTRA $ ???

I THINK IT'S WORTH THE EXTRA $ TO HAVE A BOARD CALLED THE ANGRY SWALLOW!

Mrlaroo

Since 02 Jan 2007
181 Posts
Bend
Stoked

PostFri Sep 19, 14 8:01 am     Reply with quote

lol Dangler I am not quite sure it is worth $200 though.

Pete

Since 29 Oct 2007
833 Posts

Opinionated

PostFri Sep 19, 14 12:26 pm     Reply with quote

Everyone knows this years board is better than last years. Don't you read the marketing collateral?

Mpedwards

Since 11 Sep 2014
12 Posts
United States

PostFri Sep 19, 14 4:44 pm     Reply with quote

It's really whether you want the FCS II fin options. Which allows you to mess around with a variety of fin set-ups. Otherwise, I think it's the same. I think the Screamer is meant to be better in the surf than the swallow though, If I was going 2015 I'd go screamer.

Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1831 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member

PostSat Sep 20, 14 11:37 am     Reply with quote

Where in the hell is Troll or Monkeyboy now?

Screamer or Angry Swallow? Seriously?

I'm sorry, just cannot help myself.

www.Purestokesports.com

Mrlaroo

Since 02 Jan 2007
181 Posts
Bend
Stoked

PostSat Sep 20, 14 2:28 pm     Reply with quote

Some creative feedback guys, thanks Mped that's what I was leaning toward. I used to own a John Amundson board that was similar in shape and want to check out Slingshot.

dcfordo

Since 19 May 2011
60 Posts
The Dalles

PostMon Sep 22, 14 5:46 pm     Reply with quote

First off, I have not tried the Angry Swallow, but I am pretty sure it is more or less the same as the T-Rex.

I have a T-Rex and now a Screamer. I loved the T-Rex. It was a real advance for jumping and all kinds of strapless tricks. The many different fin setups have big effects on how it rides and is really fun to experiment with. On the down side, it rides big and is a handful in the chop. (BTW Going thruster with all small fins helps this) Also, it is really wide, and not great edge to edge or at high speed. But it sounds like you already tried it and are set on the board.

I also have a Screamer and it is amazing. It is not quite as good in the air and with tricks as the T-Rex, but not too far behind. The thing is, it rips turns and is very fast. (Or maybe more importantly and accurately, it stays in control at high speeds) The FCSII is kind of nice, but the fins are pretty hard to get in and out, so I would not spend too much $ for that feature alone.

Bottom line, get the T-Rex for cheap over the Swallow. But if you are not sure, the Screamer is sweet.

jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostTue Sep 23, 14 9:39 am     Reply with quote

Pepi wrote:

It can be good for your relationship.

Men have the basic need to be "accepted" by you. His semen is him, at least it's from him. He feels hurt if you "reject" it. It's like you are spitting out him.

It brings you closer to him. He feels more protective of you and respects your doing it for him. Also he knows he is with you because he is in you. It's good for him that you do it. Exclamation Exclamation Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil THE SWALLOW Twisted Evil Twisted Evil TROLL Laughing Laughing Laughing

jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostTue Sep 23, 14 4:05 pm     Reply with quote

I AM VERY PISSED OFF THAT NOBODY HAS RESPONDED TO THIS FINE THRED OF THE SLINGSHOT BOARD . WHAT THE FUCK Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad YOU CALLED ME OUT AND NO RESPONSE .... KINDA LIKE A FIRE THAT HAS NO WATER Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil . MORE TO COME JUST LET ME Twisted Evil GO THRU SOME OF THESE TOPICS. TROLL

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Sep 23, 14 6:25 pm     Reply with quote

Pepi wrote:

I sold my T-Rex after first glance at a Screamer....

dcfordo critique is spot on!

UPWIND LAUNCH OF A SPORT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: