Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Where do you guys buy your waroos?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
rich

Since 30 Nov 2005
306 Posts
portland
Obsessed

PostFri Dec 22, 06 6:21 pm    Where do you guys buy your waroos? Reply with quote

I want to pick up some new waroo kites. Do you guys just order them off the Best site? Or is there someone local?

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostFri Dec 22, 06 6:30 pm     Reply with quote

All Surf Industry still has some 06 roo's in stock for a killer deal, and I think a few shops in Hood River have the newer 07 ones.

bandito

Since 07 May 2005
178 Posts

Photographer

PostFri Dec 22, 06 6:41 pm     Reply with quote

New Wind in Hood River. Great customer service. Bars, lines, bladders and all the stuff you might need to keep you riding.
Bandito

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6549 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Dec 22, 06 9:20 pm     Reply with quote

New Wind in Hood River, NW'roo experts!

Don't try to go into the shop right now though because its closed for winter. Just email them: kiteschool@aol.com

They will ship the kites for free to you. Pretty schweeta.

tstansbury

Since 06 Jun 2006
649 Posts
Rowena and P.C
Addicted

PostMon Dec 25, 06 5:40 pm     Reply with quote

new wind for sure.

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Dec 25, 06 5:42 pm     Reply with quote

if you have time to keep checking ebay, it could be worthwhile. i got a brand new 06 9m complete for $550 2 weeks ago. not sure if you want 07 or not though

Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostMon Dec 25, 06 7:21 pm     Reply with quote

I would definitely go with the 07. The 06 kites are sweet, but they have tons of nice upgrades on the 07 kites and the price has even come down from last year.

jonah

Since 20 Jul 2006
169 Posts
Hood River
Stoked

PostWed Dec 27, 06 5:45 pm     Reply with quote

A reason to buy direct from the manufacturer:

I have a friend who bought a 2006 Waroo from a reseller. It ripped on a mild crash within the 90 day warranty period. However, the reseller was surprisingly unhelpful in getting warranty coverage.

To be fair, the kite did have unpatched holes on the canopy, but it was not clear that they contributed to the failure. Regardless of the condition of the kite, you would expect that a reseller would try to help you get warranty coverage. Instead, they went out of their way to point out the holes to Best and reported that the kite was abused and therefore should not get warranty coverage.

I couldn't understand why a reseller would not at least try to support their customer's case. But then I realized that in 2006, supply of Waroos was extremely tight. A reseller could make a lot more money if they were looked upon favorably by Best and allocated more kites from the factory. If there is short supply in 2007, the reseller wants to be on Best's "good" list.

Now when I buy Waroos, I buy them directly from Best. So if something goes wrong, I at least have a chance to present the case to Best without a reseller putting their own twist on things.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: