Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

FYI - Cabrinha Recalls 2015 Kiteboarding Control System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Johnb

Since 02 Aug 2010
494 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Sep 09, 14 1:17 pm    FYI - Cabrinha Recalls 2015 Kiteboarding Control System Reply with quote

Just a heads up for Cabrinha riders:

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Cabrinha-Recalls-Kiteboarding-Control-System/

Last edited by Johnb on Tue Sep 09, 14 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

CTkiter

Since 27 May 2011
87 Posts

PostTue Sep 09, 14 1:58 pm     Reply with quote

JohnB, thank you for bringing this issue to the general kiting communities attention!

I just got off the phone with a local shop and Neil Pryde Group Americas, this is an issue with the 2015 Cabrinha bars only, not the 2014 bars. I asked NP about the specifics about the component in question (recoil spring) since the 2014 has this feature also, and the only thing that they could tell me was that the material and the placement of the spring on the 2015 bar is the issue.....not the best response that I would have expected, but that's all that they could tell me at the time. Pretty sure they will give a more detailed explanation as this all gets worked out.

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostTue Sep 09, 14 2:49 pm     Reply with quote

On the link above it shows Pics and they make an effort to highlight the 2015 year

Johnb

Since 02 Aug 2010
494 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Sep 09, 14 3:06 pm     Reply with quote

I edited the title to identify 2015 bars.

CTkiter

Since 27 May 2011
87 Posts

PostTue Sep 09, 14 3:31 pm     Reply with quote

"I copy"... DP and JohnB......I was just concerned about the recall since the 2014 and the 2015 both share the same feature (recoil spring) which is being recalled, but NP stated it is only an issue with the 2015 bar due to materials and assembly/placement. Thank you both!

WINDUDE

Since 10 Jun 2010
557 Posts
GORGE!
Addicted

PostTue Sep 09, 14 4:10 pm     Reply with quote

wait wait, 2015? Are you implying that these bars are indeed from the future…?

gadzooks Shocked

user124

Since 02 Aug 2012
390 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostTue Sep 09, 14 4:13 pm    2015 Cabrinha bar recall Reply with quote

I have a 2015 Cabrinha bar I bought at Big Winds last month. I called and spoke with Matt there - he said the spring can slip up into the plastic piece next to it, and the recall part is a little stopper ball to prevent this. He said they won't have the new part in until next week. I'm not entirely sure I understood over the phone what the issue is, but he said it wasn't a big deal and said I can still use the bar. He didn't offer to mail me a new part or anything and just said to stop in the shop when I can, so it must not be a huge safety issue.

CTkiter

Since 27 May 2011
87 Posts

PostTue Sep 09, 14 8:16 pm     Reply with quote

Info now posted on Cab's website, see URL below:

http://www.cabrinhakites.com/safety-alert.html

slacker

Since 26 Apr 2008
32 Posts
Hood River

PostWed Sep 10, 14 9:42 am    2015 Cabrinha Bar Recall ONLY Reply with quote

This is for 2015 Cabrinha Bars ONLY. This is the best spot to see the fix:

http://www.cabrinhakites.com/safety-alert.html

This is very rare issue...In the very limited cases where this happened the rider was flying extremely overpowered (probably 4m+ to big for the conditions). Also if this does happen, the safety is still 100% functional and you would still be able to fly back to the beach safely.

The shops will be receiving the pieces to fix the issue very soon and will be getting in contact with everyone that purchased a 2015 bar to get it fixed. It takes only a few minutes to remedy the issue.

Cabrinha found out about this issue and immediately stepped up to fix this problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: