Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Visitor from Germany wants to take a lesson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
chunk1

Since 28 Aug 2014
2 Posts
Yakima, WA

PostThu Aug 28, 14 9:25 am    Visitor from Germany wants to take a lesson Reply with quote

Hi all -

I have a visitor from Germany that is interested in taking lessons, but given that he has spent a lot of money to come, he doesn't want to drop $500 on the whole process. Is there anyone that knows where he could get a cheaper lesson?

He doesn't have any of the equipment, so he would need all of that as well...

Cheers!

jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Aug 28, 14 10:09 am     Reply with quote

well, you kind of get what you pay for and it depends on what you mean by " the whole process".

My wife and I learned with Cascade kiteboarding and loved them. I think they run about $350 for a water lesson but towards mid Sep I think they start shutting down. Their program has you get the four line kite fundamentals class. That plus the water lesson will be more than $500.

that is just their program so best bet would be to check with some of the schools that teach off the bar.

dangler

Since 26 Feb 2006
1744 Posts
WINDY SPOTS
XTreme Poster

PostThu Aug 28, 14 10:18 am    DON'T BE A CRIPPLED KOOK!!! Reply with quote

CHEAPER=LAME GET UR ASS KICKED. PONY UP CHEAPTARD!!!FIGURE ON SPENDING A GRAND TO GET A PROPER INTRO TO THE BEST SPORT ON THE PLANET!!
CASCADE, KITE THE GORGE, REDBEARD, BIG WINDS, TAKE UR PICK AND DO IT RIGHT!

GET UP RIDING IN THREE DAYS, INSTEAD OF GETTING YOUR SPHINCTER BROKEN THRU A LAME KOOK LESSON. nO OFFENCE INTENDED TO YOU LAME KOOKS GIVING PIRATE LESSONS..

OH YEAH SPEAKING OF PIRATES, NATE GIVES GREAT LESSONS TOO!

Last edited by dangler on Thu Aug 28, 14 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

D-Krep It Kiter

Since 18 Jul 2011
417 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Aug 28, 14 10:33 am     Reply with quote

I think Joe does a really good job, and is super reasonable... check him out: www.joethekiter.com

chunk1

Since 28 Aug 2014
2 Posts
Yakima, WA

PostFri Aug 29, 14 8:33 am     Reply with quote

Well, not to worry, he's just my boyfriend, so he's pretty disposable, so if things go pear-shaped due to the quality of the lesson, at least we will have saved some money Laughing

JUST KIDDING!

Thanks for the responses, folks, keep 'em comin!

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostFri Aug 29, 14 10:10 am     Reply with quote

Kiting is a super expensive sport so he better start saving up. Just to give you guys some general ideas

lessons $500-$1000
Kites $500-$1000 (per kite usually most of us have 2-3 kites, you can get used cheaper)
Boards $300-$600 (usually people have a couple boards for different conditions)
Harness $200
Wetsuits $200-$500 (different suits for different areas, full, shorty, ect)
Beer - $15

Dont be cheap this sport could injury him or someone else. Make sure his lesson are with a jetski it will save you money in the long run. Cascade Kiteboarding is a great school spend the money if he is really interested. If he doesnt want to spend the money then just go SUP'ing for the day it's alot cheaper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: