Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Buyer beware in these Classifieds!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
chuckm

Since 22 Aug 2014
4 Posts
Washington
Kook

PostFri Aug 22, 14 6:32 am    Buyer beware in these Classifieds! Reply with quote

My poor judgement of character lead me to do business with sjobeek (Erik Sjoberg). He is in Japan now with my money and I have a kite that may never fly? My mistake in judging his character! I don't yet know the extent of all the damage but here is my first discovery... Naish 6m Cult.

IMG_20140820_185648_630.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  IMG_20140820_185648_630.jpg
 Filesize:  764.58 KB
 Downloaded:  585 Time(s)
 Note:  Use Pixlr to resize images to lower than 1024x768 resolution so they show up inline.

bwd

Since 04 Aug 2007
385 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Aug 22, 14 6:38 am     Reply with quote

Bitten by the octopuss Sad

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostFri Aug 22, 14 7:03 am     Reply with quote

That yanks Chuck, but I don't think that's a hard self fix or an expensive fix for Dangler or Airtime. I seem to recall Naish having problems with those valves...a local Naish rep might even be able to help.

Are those struts?

chuckm

Since 22 Aug 2014
4 Posts
Washington
Kook

PostFri Aug 22, 14 7:26 am     Reply with quote

I made the mistake of trusting him. After I discovered the problems he wrote a few empty words to me that explained that there may be more damage from excessive heat. I love the Naish kites since I bought my ARX. I plan to open up everything and make it new again$ Thanks for the advice!

Kmun

Since 05 Jul 2009
250 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Aug 22, 14 8:09 am    Cult Struts Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Naish originally shipped a nipple replacement kit and instruction book with the kite. Big Winds probably carries them.

BTW: I am selling my 2010 Cult 6m. http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-33620.html&highlight=cult

chuckm wrote:
I made the mistake of trusting him. After I discovered the problems he wrote a few empty words to me that explained that there may be more damage from excessive heat. I love the Naish kites since I bought my ARX. I plan to open up everything and make it new again$ Thanks for the advice!

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostFri Aug 22, 14 8:25 am     Reply with quote

Yes, All my Naish kites are delivered with nipple replacements, including this very same year, size. That said, it is an octopus inflation one-pump, so probably not the most pleasant way to spend a Saturday morning.

chrissmack

Since 08 Jun 2005
515 Posts
portland
Addicted

PostFri Aug 22, 14 9:20 am     Reply with quote

airtime makes nipple replacements for some kites (i've bought them for slingys)

they work really well, easy to put on, have never had one leak. but i found that i had to replace all of them on the kite. tried spot repairing, but all the originals failed in the end. i should have swapped them all out when the first one failed.

chuckm

Since 22 Aug 2014
4 Posts
Washington
Kook

PostFri Aug 22, 14 1:57 pm     Reply with quote

The nipples are not slowly leaking. In my pictures of the bladders, The female portion that attaches to the LE has fractured and one has fallen off.
When Er#%&ik found out he said that it is because of excessive heat.
Most likely, that means that every fitting on the kite may be damaged, and the guy is just walking away money in pocket. I plan to remember his name and tell eveyone that I can.

sjobeek

Since 09 Aug 2012
22 Posts

PostFri Aug 22, 14 3:04 pm     Reply with quote

Hey buddy, Erik Sjoberg here,

You conveniently left out that your purchased the kite for the bargain price of 150 dollars, and refused to pump it up when I suggested you do so during the sale.

I have also been in contact with you over 10 separate messages, working with you to fix the situation . Including offering to pay for the repair cost of those broken valves.

Then when I'm on the airplane going to Japan (as I explained to you) , you go around posting my name on forums and complaining? WTF dude.

I'll just post my reply here as well so you see it before slandering me more:

Hey  I just got off the airplane and read your messages; no need to get defensive. 

I completely agree that it is an unfortunate situation, but if I were you I'd be happy that the person you have purchased it from is being so responsive and trying to help resolve the situation. Please remember that I have been  completely open with you  and I was the one who suggested that you pump up the kite before purchasing it.

I'm fine with you returning the kite to me for a refund,  but since I am living in Japan you will need to ship it to me if you want all of the money back.  Please remember that refunds are not usually provided for craigslist items,  but I'm going out of my way to help you because I feel some responsibility for not insisting that you pump it up before purchasing.

Also keep in mind this is a bargain basement price for a kite...   It's not reasonable to expect it to be in perfect condition,  though I agree I have a responsibility to at least help you get it inflated properly since that is the state I thought it was in when I sold it.

Once again, I apologize that we ran into these problems ,

Erik Sjoberg 

sjobeek

Since 09 Aug 2012
22 Posts

PostFri Aug 22, 14 6:15 pm     Reply with quote

And once again for your reference, this is an example of the replacement valves that people are talking about (same link I sent to your phone earlier this week):

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085XNTGQ/ref=dra_a_rv_ff_fx_it_P2000_1000?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=4a251a2ef9bbf4ccc35f97aba2c9cbda

If you're not interested in installing them yourself, there are plenty of kite repair shops in the northwest that can help out.

dangler

Since 26 Feb 2006
1744 Posts
WINDY SPOTS
XTreme Poster

PostFri Aug 22, 14 7:55 pm    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Reply with quote

KOOKSLAMMED!!!!!

ShiverMeTimbers

Since 26 Feb 2013
381 Posts
Gig Harbor
Obsessed

PostFri Aug 22, 14 8:39 pm     Reply with quote

seriously? this thread sucks. never sell chuckm anything and never buy a kite for $150. the end.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: