Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

La Ventana Real Estate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Dave-o-matic

Since 26 Sep 2013
12 Posts
hood river

PostWed Aug 13, 14 5:06 pm    La Ventana Real Estate Reply with quote

Wondering if any NWkite members know anything about this Rancho Sotol development in LV? looks pretty sweet but also could be a scam.

http://www.ranchosotol.com/default.aspx?language=US

Rancho Sotol club is a safe investment in a fast growing eco-paradise in Baja Sur. Pre-sale opportunity for a limited time

1. Common Areas
Members can enjoy Access to common areas and social spaces like the club house, pool, terrace and fire pits, observatory, rest area on the walking trails, music and yoga stations, 5km mountain bike trail and more.

2. Capital Appreciation
La Ventana, Baja Sur is a fast growing spot where kiteboarding, spearfishing and mountain biking are incredible. Add this to having a property which has lifetime protected views of the island and the bay of La Ventana and you have a safe investment with future capital appreciation.

3. Cash Flow
Your investment can generate cash flow meanwhile it benefits from an increase in land appreciation. Our rental program allows you to rent your home while you’re away and our team can manage your maintenance so you can be worry-free all year long.

4. Smart Architecture
Intelligent architecture that blends with nature and generates spaces that allows users to enjoy Baja’s desert in a comfortable and stylish way. Sustainable architecture in homes and common areas provide efficient methods for cooling/heating and an overall low impact to this very special place.

5. Low Maintenance.
This community is designed to have low maintenance costs and be recession proof. No matter how bad the economy can be at any given time, the sun will always shine, the wind will always blow and the water will always be there, and that’s all you need for a perfect Rancho Sotol lifestyle.

6.Services
Rancho Sotol helps you generate rents through internet marketing strategies, business alliances and promotions.

7. Location
Our location allows you to be at the beach in less than 5 minutes, yet is far away enough to have great privacy and the best views available. Only 40 minutes from La Paz and 2 hours from Los Cabos.

8. World Class Sports
La Ventana is a well preserved paradise that offers world class sports like kiteboarding, spearfishing, mountain biking and Sportfishing. Not only this but is also home to a natural phenomenon that only occurs in few places in the world, where hot springs are available at the beach so you can literally dig your own Jacuzzi at the beach.

consumer

Since 28 Nov 2010
406 Posts
banned
Obsessed

PostWed Aug 13, 14 5:15 pm     Reply with quote

how is discovery channel credited with the quote: "The best Kiteboarding in the World"

the panorama is breathtaking.

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
698 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostWed Aug 13, 14 9:05 pm     Reply with quote

I have a good contact down there in the real estate business, I'll get her opinion of it. There is a new resort going in just up the street from our house called Club Cerralvo that is half done, so things are definitely starting to happen down there. This place looks like it will be further north towards the hot springs and 6-8 blocks to the beach. Very quiet up there with break-in issues, so it would need 24 hour security.

Freeride Kiter

Since 08 Jul 2011
698 Posts
Alaska / PNW / Baja
Instructor

PostWed Aug 13, 14 9:19 pm     Reply with quote

Most of the rental options there are unoccupied from April thru October. Canadian Row is sparse and has a fair amount of looting / scavenging. Going to be a hard sell to generate revenue for the 8 months there is no real wind or attraction to the area.

I do like the hot springs though and kiting with Whale Sharks and Dolphins is nothing short of amazing

www.freeridekiting.com

gybetalkin

Since 01 Nov 2010
50 Posts

PostThu Aug 14, 14 6:15 am    so went Punta Mita et al Reply with quote

"Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell" -Ed Abbey

Developers: go check out Western Kansas.

Slappysan

Since 13 Jun 2012
308 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Aug 14, 14 8:57 am     Reply with quote

Would you want to be 2.5 km to the beach though?

unbob

Since 31 Aug 2008
260 Posts
'da Gorge/LaV
Obsessed

PostThu Aug 14, 14 11:46 am     Reply with quote

"... safe investment with future capital appreciation"

I advise you talk to some homeowners down there re "capital appreciation". The ones I know claim just the opposite.

Dave-o-matic

Since 26 Sep 2013
12 Posts
hood river

PostThu Aug 14, 14 7:46 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. Haha yeah...capital appreciation, just another one of the many benefits they claim. Nothing like a good "safe investment." It sounds like you are buying a tiny slice of desert, over a mile from the beach.

Moondog- curious to hear what your friend has to say. Prob better to start with a trusted realtor referral, than a developer's marketing campaign. Regardless, LV is an incredible place, would love to have a small shack down there to kite from!!!

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
698 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostThu Aug 14, 14 8:33 pm     Reply with quote

Talked to a friend today that lives down there and he was pretty upset with how they have basically torn up the desert with heavy equipment to start this project. It is at least a mile to the ocean and not much there yet. I would hold off for 6 months. My realtor hasn't responded yet.

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostFri Aug 15, 14 6:02 am     Reply with quote

And what ever happened with water supply issues on new developments in LV? I thought they were out of water for any new homes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: