Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

THANKS TO...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
bcito

Since 20 Mar 2013
12 Posts

PostSun Jul 20, 14 5:03 pm    THANKS TO... Reply with quote

Mike from White Salmon for rescuing my kite at Rufus on Saturday! Fully wound up on my 6m, got yarded and as I was body dragging to hunt my board down a windsurfer came down a (sweet) swell and ran into my lines. His rig got tangled up in the lines and my kite was doing the death spiral. I ejected and the windsurfer and his gear got pulled straight downwind leaving me bobbing in those sweet swells. Board got picked up and taken to shore (sorry didn't get the name for a proper thank you to the kiter) while I started to swim in. Current took me a ways then windsurfers Gail from Vancouver and Pierre from Quebec towed me to one of the islands saving me an even bigger swim. Swam and tippy toed back thru brush and hot rocks made it back to the launch area and whoa…there 's my board and kite neatly wrapped and tucked away!
Thankfully saw the (very remorseful ) windsurfer who sailed into my lines and made sure he knew no big deal, stuff happens. Unfortunately I was too frigg'n tired to go back out!
Best to all for your help!

mikethemate

Since 16 Jan 2007
55 Posts
White Salmon

PostMon Jul 21, 14 7:38 pm     Reply with quote

No worries at all. I see a kite rolling along in the river, I bring it ashore...

Just bummed I wasn't there in time to help save the windsurfers session!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: