Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

End of September wind?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
kuds

Since 13 Jun 2007
5 Posts

Kook

PostFri Jul 11, 14 4:29 pm    End of September wind? Reply with quote

I am planning a trip for the last week of September. Still windy? I have done several trips to HR in July and August but can't get out during the summer this year. Thanks.

caps

Since 23 Dec 2010
343 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Jul 12, 14 6:29 am     Reply with quote

I think you'd score wind at least 60-70% of the time between east and west winds. Now if you're even willing to make a last minute drive to the coast, you should be good. Have fun!

BigR

Since 05 Jul 2005
372 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostSat Jul 12, 14 3:57 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
I am planning a trip for the last week of September. Still windy? I have done several trips to HR in July and August but can't get out during the summer this year. Thanks.

Hi Bruce,

I have been there first 2 weeks of September and still scored good winds especially if you are willing to drive around a little bit , like East to Mosier, Rufus, Roosevelt, Rowena, Maryhill (hint), during september.
I have also been there 1st week of October and found it was already really lacking
in wind and overcast alot by then in HR. Not to say I haven't seen people out trying.
But the regular season is over by end of september and you start to see Easterlies alot more (Rooster). I've only been to the coast July/ August and it always rocks@ Manzo or Shipwrecks etc. You'll need camping gear for Ft. Stevenson unless you want to make the 2 hour drive back to PDX.
Lori and I are in Cabarete right now. non-stop 25kt days but we'll be in the Hood by middle August. Let us know if you and wife and kids need a place to crash in the hood if you haven't set something up already.

kuds

Since 13 Jun 2007
5 Posts

Kook

PostMon Jul 14, 14 6:45 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks. If the wind does not cooperate I am sure I will find things to do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: