Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Lincoln City Accident
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
craz z

Since 01 Dec 2008
130 Posts
Montana
Stoked

PostFri Jul 04, 14 4:42 pm     Reply with quote

Been sick since I heard the news this morning. Dale was a very enthusiastic kiter that shared with everyone he met. I first met him with eclipse at georgetown lake open here in Montana. Dale was a super awesome person and words can't express the kindness of this man we are very sad and express our condolences to his family way too soon for such a great guy. RIP we will never forget the time spent at the beach house in LC and the hospitality of you and your beautiful family

kochease

Since 03 Jul 2008
760 Posts
In Ft. Stevens, OR
Opinionated

PostFri Jul 04, 14 10:30 pm     Reply with quote

Im so sickened by this! How did it happen? Any info? Dale was a friend and a giving man. He has a wonderful family and I cant wrap my head around him passing away especially kiteboarding. He wasa very capable kiter. I will miss him. My heart goes out to his wonderful family. He will be missed. Was tragic news Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
https://www.air-pirate.com

*CALL: 503-791-7372 *

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostSun Jul 06, 14 2:45 pm    Benefit account Reply with quote

To all, I am at work today and will be off Tuesday morning. Dales wife banks through Chase and I am going to go set up an account on behalf of him and his family as we all know financial hardships can be painful for all. We will hopefully know more in the next week but we do know that he was separated from him kite which could have been on purpose. Please keep your thoughts and prayers coming for Dale and his family. This will be a long haul for the family but his kiteboarding family is just as important as his fire and non fire family. Please bare with me in getting this set up as I can only be in so many places at one time. Please take care of each other on and off the water. Stay safe Blake

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostMon Jul 07, 14 8:51 am    Beach Memorial at Roads End Reply with quote

We will be doing a casual beach memorial on Thursday to honor Dale.
If it is windy during the day, come out and catch some waves, think about Dale and have a good time.
Later at 7pm we will be offering the Pacific Ocean some flowers and telling Dale stories.
After that, we will fire up a beach fire and eat whatever you bring.
This will be real informal and casual.
It's all about sending off a great friend that cared so much about his family and friends. If you know Dale and want to come, by all means come by anytime during the day. If you want to stop by and throw some flowers in the ocean and leave that is fine too. There are no expectations other than to keep things light hearted and positive.
As usual whenever someone perishes while participating in outdoor sports, people try to process what happened. Sometimes they speculate and make conclusions that are not verified. Speculation and arm chair quarterbacking does nothing positive at all. Remember there are family and friends who need our support. Please come remember Dale and be part of this life as he would want.

Bring your own flowers, notes, food and drink.

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

Last edited by blancoh2o on Mon Jul 07, 14 3:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostMon Jul 07, 14 9:03 am     Reply with quote

I worked with Dale for a few years at both Eclipse and Epic, he was a great guy and very enthusiastic person. I remember doing a trip into Cabo after a week in Ventana with him. He would shout out these inane crazy spanish sounding sentences that really didn't make any sense but, sure made him laugh. We went souvenir shopping for our kids and got maracas and flags.

He was a very competent sailor, I can't imagine that this was from conditions. It wasn't huge windy and cold. Any more info on what happened would be appreciated.

He will be missed.

kt

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostMon Jul 07, 14 3:23 pm     Reply with quote

Please see my post above for updated information.

I hope some of you will make it to remember a great man, father and friend.

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jul 07, 14 4:54 pm    Benefit account Reply with quote

Phish, thanks for trying to make the above happen.

I set up an account today via Chase whom he and his family banked with as these times are very tough for the family and unfortunately finances can play a beneficial part.

The account number is 3045904371 and it was set up at the West Linn branch. Dale lived in Dundee and this account will be for his wife and family to serve in what ever capacity they need. I know people have been raising money for a great cause ie. Kiteboard for Cancer but I am asking you to assist in any way possible as to make this time as smooth for his family as possible. I am the Gurantor on the account Blake Reichel and his wife is the beneficiary. Please don't think I have any other motivation to set up this account other than to try to help. Dales wifes name was Janice if there is any confusion when trying to make a deposit. Thanks for taking the time to read this and helping in any capacity possible no matter how small or big. Please keep Dale in your thoughts and hit the water as much as possible as this is what he would have wanted. Stay safe and Kite , Blake

After further thought I realize that some may not have a Chase bank close. If anyone wants please feel free to PM and I can give you my address and can take checks and cash them and deposit them. Please understand I am honest and will give everything to the Johnsons. If you do not want to send a check I am sure Steve Fisher would gladly assist by taking funds as we have Chase banks that are easy to access in our immediate work environment. Thanks again!!!

It was just brought to my attention that many don't have access to CHASE and sending checks is less than desirable. IF this is the case feel free to use my paypal account to donate. I will not be taking a cent for this, it will all go to Dales family.

Paypal account- blakereichel73@gmail.com

timo

Since 15 Jun 2006
40 Posts

PostTue Jul 08, 14 9:51 am     Reply with quote

I met Dale 10 years ago at Floras Lake. We were both just starting out kitesurfing. From that day forward we were buddies and took many trips together, always teaming up for a session at the coast, in the Gorge, Idaho and Utah snowkiting and in Baja. Dale was a role model in his kindness, patience and concern for his friends. He had extraordinary compassion and always put others before himself. If you called Dale, he picked up on the first ring, stopped what he was doing and listened to whatever you had to say. He was passionate about water sports and we had a blast talking kite tech for hours on end. But his real passion was his family. Dale loved teaching his kids how to navigate the world and be kind to others. He had found his soul mate in wife Jan and they loved traveling in their RV and exploring new places. Dale was an awesome dude and will be missed dearly. Ride on brother!

1910624_45655624737_2251_n.jpg 

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostTue Aug 12, 14 1:27 pm     Reply with quote

just wanted to say thanks to all who have donated to Dales family in any fashion. The account I have set up has raised a little over 6000.00 dollars that will be helping his wife with her immediate needs. thanks to all for your generosity no matter how small or big it was. It all helps, Blake

lineman

Since 05 Feb 2009
170 Posts

Stoked

PostTue Aug 12, 14 6:59 pm     Reply with quote

So sad to hear such a good man was lost, RIP Dale.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: