Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Travel/kiting advise on Toronto.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Apr 21, 14 11:29 am    Travel/kiting advise on Toronto. Reply with quote

Hey,
Looking for some travel/kiting advise on Toronto. I am possibly traveling there mid-July for a family vacation (long story, would rather be in HR) for a week or so. From the various web sites there seems to be a lot of kiting there but I could not find any info on how consistent the wind it is, water temps, quiver to bring…etc fort that time of the year . I also want to try and find a chill place to stay that has enough activities to keep non-kiters happy. So, basically is there a town like HR near Toronto 

I would greatly appreciate any advice from people that have stayed there.

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostMon Apr 21, 14 12:11 pm     Reply with quote

Contact the SBC kitemag guys. They are from Toronto. Don't mention anything about the bad season the MapleLeafs had though. LOL

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

Manitoulinkiter1

Since 06 Aug 2013
4 Posts
Canada
Kook

PostMon Apr 21, 14 4:09 pm     Reply with quote

Hey
I'm from Ontario a bit farther North than Toronto. Bring big kites for summer winds. As for water temps. It will depend where you go but the water will be decently warm for the most part, probably won't need a suit.
Check out www.thechickenloop.com and post your questions there. Lots of guys on that site from Toronto and they will be happy to help.

John

jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Apr 21, 14 6:33 pm     Reply with quote

blancoh2o wrote:
Contact the SBC kitemag guys. They are from Toronto. Don't mention anything about the bad season the MapleLeafs had though. LOL

sent them an email, cheers

jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Apr 21, 14 6:35 pm     Reply with quote

Manitoulinkiter1 wrote:
Hey
I'm from Ontario a bit farther North than Toronto. Bring big kites for summer winds. As for water temps. It will depend where you go but the water will be decently warm for the most part, probably won't need a suit.
Check out www.thechickenloop.com and post your questions there. Lots of guys on that site from Toronto and they will be happy to help.

John

hey, thanks for the response. When you say big kites, you talking in the 12/14 space or the 17? i weigh 200 pounds.

thanks again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: