Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

building a full carbon board vid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostThu Apr 03, 14 12:47 pm    building a full carbon board vid Reply with quote

just checked out the latest video on BRO kiteboards.
Jerry in Corpus hand builds these boards. When i was there last fall he was gracious enough to show me his shop and how he builds boards. very nice guy that is very good at what he does.
anyhow I don't know too many builders out there that make videos like he does sharing his process of how he builds his carbon boards.
yeah I have one of his boards. the biggest problem I have with this board is if I leave it on the beach when using another board, it's never there when I return!
anyhow its a pretty informative video showing his complete process. final weight a little over 4 pounds

Link

Last edited by stringy on Sat Apr 05, 14 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

kwk

Since 10 May 2010
11 Posts

PostFri Apr 04, 14 4:55 pm     Reply with quote

The weight information for all the ingredients and final board weight is very interesting.

Sauve

Since 19 Mar 2009
97 Posts
Hood River

PostMon Apr 07, 14 10:20 am     Reply with quote

Really cool of Jerry to always openly share his techniques and technologies. It's almost too bad I can't break my old one, making it hard to justify buying a new one Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: